Dehydration ?

At my post diagnosis appointment on Friday I tentatively mentioned dehydration. The woman mentioned  interoception . Anyone else have a tendency to become dehydrated?

Parents

• At my post diagnosis appointment on Friday I tentatively mentioned dehydration. The woman mentioned  interoception .

For those not familiar with or are not aware of what interoception is:

INTEROCEPTION is a lesser-known sense that helps you understand and feel what's going on inside your body. [People] who struggle with the interoceptive sense may have trouble knowing when they feel hungry, full, hot, cold or thirsty. Having trouble with this sense can also make self-regulation a challenge.

https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/sensory-processing-issues/interoception-and-sensory-processing-issues-what-you-need-to-know

Anyone else have a tendency to become dehydrated?

Very much indeed ~ especially when I am particular stressed I just completely forget to drink water. Another difficulty for me is knowing when I need to go to the toilet, as I need to be in rather alot of discomfort or pain before I actually realize. So normally I just go at set intervals during the day, which again I forget to do or can't do during stressfully constipating and inhibiting durations.

I am though making a very concerted effort to drink water just before each and every meal as a project of ritual habituation, to prevent bloodied solid and stinking fluid outcomes.

Most people's bodies need about two liters of water a day ~ and am struggling to get a liters worth in at best at the moment, due to having gotten heavily dehydrated recently and the body has to re-hydrate in stages partially in order to start re-hydrating fully.

If you just chuck water in volume by volume and the body is too dry to soak it up ~ the water just pretty much passes through volume by volume. Another factor is tissue salts ~ as a lack of tissue salts involves by the same proportion a lack of fluid retention. I use pink Himalayan mountain salt and tissue salt combinations from most health food shops, and spring water from spa towns like Glastonberry, Leamington and Bath etc if you live locally or know people passing through or visiting with appropriate vessels to fill.

• At my post diagnosis appointment on Friday I tentatively mentioned dehydration. The woman mentioned  interoception .

For those not familiar with or are not aware of what interoception is:

INTEROCEPTION is a lesser-known sense that helps you understand and feel what's going on inside your body. [People] who struggle with the interoceptive sense may have trouble knowing when they feel hungry, full, hot, cold or thirsty. Having trouble with this sense can also make self-regulation a challenge.

https://www.understood.org/en/learning-attention-issues/child-learning-disabilities/sensory-processing-issues/interoception-and-sensory-processing-issues-what-you-need-to-know

Anyone else have a tendency to become dehydrated?

Very much indeed ~ especially when I am particular stressed I just completely forget to drink water. Another difficulty for me is knowing when I need to go to the toilet, as I need to be in rather alot of discomfort or pain before I actually realize. So normally I just go at set intervals during the day, which again I forget to do or can't do during stressfully constipating and inhibiting durations.

I am though making a very concerted effort to drink water just before each and every meal as a project of ritual habituation, to prevent bloodied solid and stinking fluid outcomes.

Most people's bodies need about two liters of water a day ~ and am struggling to get a liters worth in at best at the moment, due to having gotten heavily dehydrated recently and the body has to re-hydrate in stages partially in order to start re-hydrating fully.

If you just chuck water in volume by volume and the body is too dry to soak it up ~ the water just pretty much passes through volume by volume. Another factor is tissue salts ~ as a lack of tissue salts involves by the same proportion a lack of fluid retention. I use pink Himalayan mountain salt and tissue salt combinations from most health food shops, and spring water from spa towns like Glastonberry, Leamington and Bath etc if you live locally or know people passing through or visiting with appropriate vessels to fill.

Children
  • For me the headache and nausea pips the recognition that I'm thirsty, by which time it's then hard to quench the thirst.

The hunger one is interesting. Some people don't get a message that they're hungry. I'm the opposite. I often don't feel full up after a meal , and can feel hungry again not long after eating.  My stepdaughter said I could be thinking I'm hungry when actually I'm thirsty.