Fake "LikeBots" As Well As Copybots, now upon this NAS Forum

Greetings to All. This is the latest "Maintenance" Thread, or 'Report Spam' Thread. ( ...& For those not interested or not affected, I say just move on, or start Your own Thread. ) But this kind of Thread *is* necessary at times. NAS themselves say to start a New Thread when a New problem arises, and so that is what I am doing here.

NAS, There is a LIKEBOT here now, as well as a COPYBOT. Again. (Using a Plural does not matter.) This Thread is begun to draw Your attentions to the fact.

The BEST information on This Forum, about dealing with "Copybots":
https://community.autism.org.uk/f/miscellaneous-and-chat/12621/copybot-and-forum-security/

The "LikeBot" is a new thing. I Myself have been seen to "like" certain (new) Users of whom I have no knowledge. This is the Thread to write about that, now. I have never "upvoted" these Persons but someone has FAKED My doing so...

So, NAS, --- SORT IT OUT!!!

Parents
  • This is Posted as replying to My own OP... yet Glad Tidings to mostly to Mr LW, now...
    Basically, I am glad of LW's response, to see that I am NOT the only one who sees this as a worry. I am glad to see so far One other Person here who realised that there might be "sinister intentions"...
    Yet the perpetrator is still right here and active *on this Thread*? And given that this Thread is now about THREE different types of "Hacks" ( - copy, likes, MaliciousHacker -) please do not be surprised if I do not log on as much as usual, or if I log on at all... again, until this is properly sorted out. (By WebPM, Thank You, not just by a "slap on the wrist" from "Moderators" allergic to any "Linguistic Vugarities".)

I Myself do know how to think like a Hacker, but I am not a "Malicious" Hacker. And I cannot of course know if one or two or all three troubles occurring right now... are linked.
    Apologies, but I am not interested in staying here long enough to take the risk of losing My own devices. As I said, My first Device was "nearly totalled", & that was by a "simple" NAS Update...!

The fact that certain Threads were deleted, yet the perpetrator is STILL here, only shows how inefficient NAS is.( but maybe not WebPM?? ) Also, I had a look at those "Bad Links" upon another device, and, well, it was not good news, but I gained some information. But all in all, I am simply not interested in putting Myself in danger for the sake of a NAS who does not seem to care about such things.

...And did they fix the fake upvoting? No!

I could try a New Term, for this; I AM one of those being hacked, and so I feel justified to do so: NAS Ignoring A Problem By Simply 'Sweeping It Under The Carpet'... (NAS-IPASUCT, or NIPASUC, or similar.)...!?

I am still (trying at) keeping My Account open, as I say.
    But --- Another Bad Mark at NAS from Myself, here. Three bad Strikes, NAS, and You are OUT of MY supporting You just now. I am asking for a RESPONSE here, or for WebPM to properly deal with this.

...NAS, You may take Us for granted, but an Old saying is "You do not know what You have until it is Gone." May I remind You of certain Others, including Myself, who support (& once supported) this Forum, who checked and provided advice, so that it did not "fall over" due to Disappearing Messages, Disappearing Pictures, Non-Counted Views, Spam, and Copybots...? WE did it, You did not!

NAS - I ask YET AGAIN: Is Quantity of Visitors more important to You than Quality of Visitors??

( ...That turned into a bit of a RANT, I admit, but I meant every word of it. The Internet is currently an enforced Poison, but it does not have to be that way, surely...? )

Disappointed

• Dear DC,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for any upset caused by our lack of reply. I have forwarded your concerns to my colleagues in our web team to see what is happening here. I will keep you updated with their response.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod

• To "Mod".

It has been an entire Week, now.

Just to let You know.

Disappointed Disappointed

• ...Still waiting. I wager that if it were a "DOWNvote-bot", then this/these "Hacks" would be fixed by now. But maybe this answers My ever unanswered question...NAS prefers QUANTITY rather than Quality.

"Advertisment: Just Post anything here and gain 3 free Upvotes! Offer available to New Members only! Hackers also Welcome?!"

(Yes, I am still not happy about this. No, this is not such a nice Post from Myself, sorry. Yes, I am signing off now.)

• To "Ayashe Mod"...

Thank You Very Much for THAT Post.

As You Write THAT Post, I appreciate the honesty within it (if it is that!), and so I Thanked You there. And this here Post is a sort of reciprocation, apart from an UpVote, to encourage said HONESTY (!) ...

FYI... I Myself cannot EMAIL. Yes, Really.  Just like I cannot properly "Friend" anyone. (I have said all that before.) 

Also, I did not like being targeted by *both* a FakeUpvoter and a Hacker. This last is why I do not Post so much of late and am still WARY and Prudent. 

I already Thanked You. Now I mainly Watch and Wait.

• To "Ayashe Mod"...

Thank You Very Much for THAT Post.

As You Write THAT Post, I appreciate the honesty within it (if it is that!), and so I Thanked You there. And this here Post is a sort of reciprocation, apart from an UpVote, to encourage said HONESTY (!) ...

FYI... I Myself cannot EMAIL. Yes, Really.  Just like I cannot properly "Friend" anyone. (I have said all that before.) 

Also, I did not like being targeted by *both* a FakeUpvoter and a Hacker. This last is why I do not Post so much of late and am still WARY and Prudent. 

I already Thanked You. Now I mainly Watch and Wait.

Children
No Data