About Meltdowns: IS it possible to have one while still carrying on with using Texting/Internetting?

Greetings anyone. Anyone who knows Me on here, may recall that I often say that although I am here, I know little about Social Media and The Internet. This Thread asks a simple question, and I hope for a simple(-ish) answer...

Please do not Quote or reference anything/anyone outside of this Thread, or else it might wind up being deleted!

I Myself sometimes "Shutdown" (I quit interaction when I can neither Reason nor 'Run away'.). But I have never to My memory had a "Meltdown", so I know less about that... I have read other Threads about it on here. ...But as I say, I have never connected the two together - Meltdown + While Using The Internet...??

I keep this OP short in hope again that it does not go off topic, much if at all. As usual, I offer apology in advance for any misunderstandings, and I try to present reasonable explanation for anything if possible... but I cannot do that if I know nothing about the subject, which is why I am asking this here.   Try to Stay Well, anyone reading.

Parents
  • I am not autistic. But when I get severely angry or upset I couldn't work a smartphone, or computer mostly because my body kicks it's fight or flight response in and I get so terrified my hands are physically shaking to much to type! I literally can't even force myself to stop them.

When my daughter has a meltdown it is hysterical crying and screaming alongside kicking and flailing there is no coherent speech from her these are normally followed by a short period of shutdown. But she is only 8 

• A closet autistic are you!! Shaking hands etc... Yes

Reply Children
  • No not a closet autistic, I do have an abi which has caused areas of changed signal patterns in my brain, I think this is what triggers the extreme fight/flight response. Although I will admit I look ridiculous when it happens, I try and pick things up and I drop or spill them. Simply put I got hit in the head to much! Oh well never mind