Visual Snow

Does anybody else see visual snow? I only just found out it's a thing, after I found out my support worker doesn't see air and then I found out that most people don't! 

I see tiny lights everywhere and can watch them for hours. They will help me get to sleep on a night, when  I'm not too hyper. Just wondered how many other people here, have this. 

Parents
  • Greetings Miss Bluey-Shiney-Person... Excuse me a slight ebullition, but... YAY! Is this not the sort of query/observation which would ONLY be seen upon a Forum with Autistic People...?!

My response to you is in two parts, else the Post would be too long. (for me, anyway.) "Visual Snow", You call it. These include my opinion, Scientific & Logical, but the fact is, I have never seen this "Flotsam" or "Ability" documented elsewhere, ever, and so I am glad to finally put all of this into writing someplace.
    First, to dismiss "Floaters": These are are a known and documented phenomenon in Optometry, where the Iris overproduces Cellular Matter which is seen as "floating" in the Eyes and may obscr vision. To dismiss this direction further, here are some Links:

www.nhs.uk/.../

www.rnib.org.uk/.../posterior-vitreous-detachment

...I know that this is not wholly what you are talking about, but I Post that to dismiss some things, which, as said, occur, and are likely said to be what you are talking about...!

• Greetings Miss Bluey-Shiney-Person... Excuse me a slight ebullition, but... YAY! Is this not the sort of query/observation which would ONLY be seen upon a Forum with Autistic People...?!

My response to you is in two parts, else the Post would be too long. (for me, anyway.) "Visual Snow", You call it. These include my opinion, Scientific & Logical, but the fact is, I have never seen this "Flotsam" or "Ability" documented elsewhere, ever, and so I am glad to finally put all of this into writing someplace.
    First, to dismiss "Floaters": These are are a known and documented phenomenon in Optometry, where the Iris overproduces Cellular Matter which is seen as "floating" in the Eyes and may obscr vision. To dismiss this direction further, here are some Links:

www.nhs.uk/.../

www.rnib.org.uk/.../posterior-vitreous-detachment

...I know that this is not wholly what you are talking about, but I Post that to dismiss some things, which, as said, occur, and are likely said to be what you are talking about...!

Children
  • Also DC, it hasn't been related to autism at all, that's why I brought it up here, to see how many autistic people on here have it, because so far, it hasn't been reported in an autistic person. But the strange thing is, part of the condition is desensitization, (I think that's what they call it), they become disconnected from their bodies some how and it's like they don't know who they are anymore. It might be called depersonilsation. It's weird but as I was listening to some of them tell their story, I thought, my god, they've become autistic! lol! That's why I thought, maybe all autistic people have this? It has several facets to it, I might try and get a summary of it because reading these posts, it seems most of us have it in one form or another.

They also relate it to astronauts and cosmic rays! 

• I love you so much DC - just had to tell you that!

I don't see floaters. It's more like billions and billions of tiny multicolored lights. I only have to just look and right there, in front of me, are billions of beautiful bright lights, all dancing around and if I look at them they make patterns and if I kind of meditate or stare at them, they make patterns that are so soothing that it's like having a bed time story read to you, it's really beautiful but for some people it's a real problem, they don't even leave their homes because all they can see is the lights. I've always seen this so I'm not sure what brought it to my attention to ask my support worker if she sees it too, maybe because it's been such a support to me recently? I don't know, I can't remember why I asked her but she didn't know what I was talking about, she said she sees objects as solid things where as I never do, not even walls! I can't even see where my body starts and the air finishes! 

I thought I was seeing atoms or something but apparently they are saying it's a rare disease!