Resting

After a really bad week at work, lots of sensory issues and anxiety and a meltdown on Thursday evening when I got home work. 

I decided to do as little as possible this weekend.

I had to cancel going out Friday night because I was so tired. Yesterday I just rested and slept. 

Today, I’m feeling a little more human. 

• not quite 2 hours today....

• I knew there was a reason why sleeping is one of my favourite things to do

'Death's second self' as Shakespeare termed it.  But also 'To sleep, perchance to dream.'  That's what I love about sleep.  I have a rich dream life.  I love dreaming.  It's like seeing a film playing out in your head, with no idea what might happen next.

• For most of my adult life, until I received an autism diagnosis, I thought that I had a physical illness of some kind as I was forever feeling tired. I had blood tests many times and nothing was ever found. Since being diagnosed, it has changed my life as I know accept that I need to rest after social interaction. I often have a little nap in the afternoon or when i come home from work. I think that sleep and rest is really important - I used to feel guilty about it and now I understand it is part of who I am. I feel so much better for it - good for you for having a proper weekend rest. 

• Since I've been off work, my sleep pattern has improved.  Getting 8 hours a night now, but still finding I need to nap during the afternoons.  I usually just lie down under a thin duvet - and Daisy comes and curls up by my chest and joins me!

Glad you're feeling better now, Ed.  Your body is clearly telling you something.

• The healing power of rest and sleep ~ I knew there was a reason why sleeping is one of my favourite things to do Smiley

Glad to hear you’re feeling more human. 

• I had a 2 hour nap after work on Friday evening, and another 2 hour one yesterday afternoon. Feel the need to go for another one in a minute!