Nhs still failing those with Asc

So over a week ago an Asthma review was made for today.  I explained my condition is complicated by something called Vocal Chord Dysfunction.  Nevertheless an appointment was for today.  Last Night I got text confirming the appointment. And this morning it was cancelled, after they read the consultant’s letter.  Effectively agreeing with what I said over a week.

So after already having sensory problems in the morning this added to the distress.

There are many more examples I have experienced, of the NHS not being geared up to help those with ASC.

Anyone else?

Parents
  • Hi. Thankyou for the advice. What is distressing is that as an organisation theymke promises they don’t keep. Unfortunately, like with most things in life, it tends to be spin.

but hey ho.

• I wouldn’t know. I don’t listen to the news or anything so I’m not aware of any promises they make. But I don’t think they’re worth getting distressed over. I would simply ask for them to let it be known that you find changes personally distressing and that although you respect that sometimes plans have to be changed, you would appreciate it if yours could be kept to a minimum, where possible. Then I would work on finding techniques that would help me to feel less distressed around this because it’s not only the nhs we can’t rely on, but every other human being on the planet as well, so I would work on my levels of distress and work on bringing them down. 

• I wouldn’t know. I don’t listen to the news or anything so I’m not aware of any promises they make. But I don’t think they’re worth getting distressed over. I would simply ask for them to let it be known that you find changes personally distressing and that although you respect that sometimes plans have to be changed, you would appreciate it if yours could be kept to a minimum, where possible. Then I would work on finding techniques that would help me to feel less distressed around this because it’s not only the nhs we can’t rely on, but every other human being on the planet as well, so I would work on my levels of distress and work on bringing them down. 

Children
No Data