WoW ~ noise cancelling headphones ~ just WoW

I am having the weirdest day today, so in truth, I have absolutely no idea if it’s the headphones that are having this effect on me or something else. 

I have no idea what’s going on today. The shock of that wellbeing woman seeing me one way while I saw me another, has sent shock waves through my system that I think have distorted my brain waves. 

I also took my second Ritalin yesterday, which worked amazingly well again. I made a good start on my new course work. And it always leaves me feeling more relaxed the next day as well, when I take a Ritalin. 

But I’ve been out and bought headphones and honestly, it’s like I’m a different person. But I can’t work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with all this other weird stuff that’s going on. 

I’ll guess we’ll have to see. But so far so good. I don’t even want to take the headphones off. I keep taking them off to test what the noise is like without them, and it’s definitely loud. It’s like, it’s no wonder I couldn’t concentrate with all that noise going on. It’s like day and night. However did I manage without them? 

And they feel so comfortable. As if they add a level of comfort that I never knew I needed! 

I’ll let you know how I get on with them over the next few days, but my first reaction is, how in the hell did I live so long without them? Lol! 

Parents
  • Hello

The title of this post made me smile because it was exactly my reaction in Currys last week when I tried on noise-cancelling heaphones.

I usually wear ear defenders but at the moment things are especially difficult and they still let in too much noise causing intense and regular meltdowns so I had been looking for something to help keep things calmer. I researched noise-cancelling headphones and went to a nearby shop just to test them. I didn't really believe/understand that they could be better than what I had, especially with some of the prices of them. I tried on every pair in the shop and nearly cried at how much of  difference they make compared to non-electronic ear defenders. It was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to my ears/brain. They were next to the stereo aisle which really helped with noticing the difference!

I took photographs of all the ones that I felt were most effective for me and checked with somebody which ones I could afford. I was given reassurance that if they improved things then they would be completely worth the money. I chose some that didn't make an electonic buzzing noise in noise-cancelling mode (some of the cheaper ones did this). I have hardly taken them off since.

I keep taking them off as well to check that the world really is a noisy place and it wasn't just my brain making a fuss, and they have helped me be a bit more tolerant in crowded streets too.

I hope they keep working for you :)

• Yes, Yes, and Yes! I can relate to all of that. And it was curry’s I went to also. Up and down the isle, trying them all on. I feel like I’m in winter wonderland when I’m walking down the street as it feels so gentle and soft like it does when it’s snowing. And honestly, I could not believe the noise in the coffee shop when I kept taking them off. It was horrendous. It’s unbelievable how I’ve managed all these years. They really have made a huge difference to my life already and I’m about to listen to my first asmr through them :) 

Glad you got some as well. They’re really great aren’t they :) 

It’s a brand new sensory experience in itself, which I like. For example, in the coffee shop, it was really weird. A woman sat near me talking on her phone and it sounded like it was in my head! Lol! It was really weird. It was so much fun though. And I felt like they give me another sense of security some how, and I like it. I really like them. I’m really pleased with my purchase and very grateful and pleased I took the plunge. 

• I spent ages trying them on hoping one of the staff members working there wouldn't come over to try and 'help' because I wanted to have the experience and decide all on my own!

I understand what you mean about it feeling like it's snowing. I feel like the buses and cars are tiptoeing past me gently and calmly one at a time.

They really are great and it's nice to have a bit more control over the outside world :)

• Yes, I was walking down the street and I suddenly noticed the cars and buses and it was like they were all kind of silently moving past, one at a time ~  it’s almost like it slows everything down. And thinking about that, they probably do help slow everything down because we’re not being bombarded with all the noise. 

I had two people helping me and to me, it appeared they were on the spectrum, we had a great time, but I also had lots of time to myself, trying them all on before that, they just gave me the extra info that helped me make up my mind. For example, the guy tried them on as well, so I could see what they were like on. 

• Yes, I was walking down the street and I suddenly noticed the cars and buses and it was like they were all kind of silently moving past, one at a time ~  it’s almost like it slows everything down. And thinking about that, they probably do help slow everything down because we’re not being bombarded with all the noise. 

I had two people helping me and to me, it appeared they were on the spectrum, we had a great time, but I also had lots of time to myself, trying them all on before that, they just gave me the extra info that helped me make up my mind. For example, the guy tried them on as well, so I could see what they were like on. 

Children
No Data