WoW ~ noise cancelling headphones ~ just WoW

I am having the weirdest day today, so in truth, I have absolutely no idea if it’s the headphones that are having this effect on me or something else. 

I have no idea what’s going on today. The shock of that wellbeing woman seeing me one way while I saw me another, has sent shock waves through my system that I think have distorted my brain waves. 

I also took my second Ritalin yesterday, which worked amazingly well again. I made a good start on my new course work. And it always leaves me feeling more relaxed the next day as well, when I take a Ritalin. 

But I’ve been out and bought headphones and honestly, it’s like I’m a different person. But I can’t work out if it’s the headphones or something to do with all this other weird stuff that’s going on. 

I’ll guess we’ll have to see. But so far so good. I don’t even want to take the headphones off. I keep taking them off to test what the noise is like without them, and it’s definitely loud. It’s like, it’s no wonder I couldn’t concentrate with all that noise going on. It’s like day and night. However did I manage without them? 

And they feel so comfortable. As if they add a level of comfort that I never knew I needed! 

I’ll let you know how I get on with them over the next few days, but my first reaction is, how in the hell did I live so long without them? Lol! 

Parents
  • Hello

The title of this post made me smile because it was exactly my reaction in Currys last week when I tried on noise-cancelling heaphones.

I usually wear ear defenders but at the moment things are especially difficult and they still let in too much noise causing intense and regular meltdowns so I had been looking for something to help keep things calmer. I researched noise-cancelling headphones and went to a nearby shop just to test them. I didn't really believe/understand that they could be better than what I had, especially with some of the prices of them. I tried on every pair in the shop and nearly cried at how much of  difference they make compared to non-electronic ear defenders. It was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to my ears/brain. They were next to the stereo aisle which really helped with noticing the difference!

I took photographs of all the ones that I felt were most effective for me and checked with somebody which ones I could afford. I was given reassurance that if they improved things then they would be completely worth the money. I chose some that didn't make an electonic buzzing noise in noise-cancelling mode (some of the cheaper ones did this). I have hardly taken them off since.

I keep taking them off as well to check that the world really is a noisy place and it wasn't just my brain making a fuss, and they have helped me be a bit more tolerant in crowded streets too.

I hope they keep working for you :)

• Hello

The title of this post made me smile because it was exactly my reaction in Currys last week when I tried on noise-cancelling heaphones.

I usually wear ear defenders but at the moment things are especially difficult and they still let in too much noise causing intense and regular meltdowns so I had been looking for something to help keep things calmer. I researched noise-cancelling headphones and went to a nearby shop just to test them. I didn't really believe/understand that they could be better than what I had, especially with some of the prices of them. I tried on every pair in the shop and nearly cried at how much of  difference they make compared to non-electronic ear defenders. It was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to my ears/brain. They were next to the stereo aisle which really helped with noticing the difference!

I took photographs of all the ones that I felt were most effective for me and checked with somebody which ones I could afford. I was given reassurance that if they improved things then they would be completely worth the money. I chose some that didn't make an electonic buzzing noise in noise-cancelling mode (some of the cheaper ones did this). I have hardly taken them off since.

I keep taking them off as well to check that the world really is a noisy place and it wasn't just my brain making a fuss, and they have helped me be a bit more tolerant in crowded streets too.

I hope they keep working for you :)

Children
  • Yes, Yes, and Yes! I can relate to all of that. And it was curry’s I went to also. Up and down the isle, trying them all on. I feel like I’m in winter wonderland when I’m walking down the street as it feels so gentle and soft like it does when it’s snowing. And honestly, I could not believe the noise in the coffee shop when I kept taking them off. It was horrendous. It’s unbelievable how I’ve managed all these years. They really have made a huge difference to my life already and I’m about to listen to my first asmr through them :) 

Glad you got some as well. They’re really great aren’t they :) 

It’s a brand new sensory experience in itself, which I like. For example, in the coffee shop, it was really weird. A woman sat near me talking on her phone and it sounded like it was in my head! Lol! It was really weird. It was so much fun though. And I felt like they give me another sense of security some how, and I like it. I really like them. I’m really pleased with my purchase and very grateful and pleased I took the plunge.