Am I weird? Advice needed!!

Hi all, 

I know this is a bit of an awkward topic but I always come on here when I am worried about something and I always seem to get the most helpful advice from you all so. I am currently 16 - I have high functioning autism, aspergers - and I haven't done anything sexually. I feel like a load of girls in my year have and I am feeling really left behind. I have absolutely no interest in doing anything sexual - life is stressful and confusing enough as it is - but I don't want people to think I am weird. I don't even like thinking about it and I can't speak to my mum and dad about it because it's awkward. I was recently with a boy, who when I said no to sending nudes, called me frigid. I am now dead worried that boys think of me like that - even though teenage boys can be dead annoying, not all though- just because I want to wait. Ant advice? Do you think I'm weird? 

Thanks x

Parents
  • Hi Jessica,

That's okay! Many people don't have their first experience until their twenties or thirties, so it's okay. There's a culture in schools that you need to get involved in relationships because it improves your social standing and shows you're 'grown up'. But just because others do it, it doesn't mean you need to. Have a relationship with someone when you want to, not when someone else tells you to. Resist the urge to play the social game at school - it never ends well!x

Much love <3

• Hi Jessica,

That's okay! Many people don't have their first experience until their twenties or thirties, so it's okay. There's a culture in schools that you need to get involved in relationships because it improves your social standing and shows you're 'grown up'. But just because others do it, it doesn't mean you need to. Have a relationship with someone when you want to, not when someone else tells you to. Resist the urge to play the social game at school - it never ends well!x

Much love <3

Children