Am I weird? Advice needed!!

Hi all, 

I know this is a bit of an awkward topic but I always come on here when I am worried about something and I always seem to get the most helpful advice from you all so. I am currently 16 - I have high functioning autism, aspergers - and I haven't done anything sexually. I feel like a load of girls in my year have and I am feeling really left behind. I have absolutely no interest in doing anything sexual - life is stressful and confusing enough as it is - but I don't want people to think I am weird. I don't even like thinking about it and I can't speak to my mum and dad about it because it's awkward. I was recently with a boy, who when I said no to sending nudes, called me frigid. I am now dead worried that boys think of me like that - even though teenage boys can be dead annoying, not all though- just because I want to wait. Ant advice? Do you think I'm weird? 

Thanks x

Parents
  • You are not weird. People all do these things in their own time. And you shouldn't until you feel ready. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. You'll probably find half the stories from others in your year aren't actually true anyway.

You were completely right to say no to sending nudes. Once you send something like that you have no control over them. They could be shown and sent to anyone. Ignore him calling you frigid. That's just an immature comment.

If you want to wait then wait. Don't let anyone pressure you into anything. It doesn't matter how long you wait. It's your choice.

It's great that you feel like you can come here when you need help.

• You are not weird. People all do these things in their own time. And you shouldn't until you feel ready. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. You'll probably find half the stories from others in your year aren't actually true anyway.

You were completely right to say no to sending nudes. Once you send something like that you have no control over them. They could be shown and sent to anyone. Ignore him calling you frigid. That's just an immature comment.

If you want to wait then wait. Don't let anyone pressure you into anything. It doesn't matter how long you wait. It's your choice.

It's great that you feel like you can come here when you need help.

Children
No Data