What do you wish your school/teachers knew about you?

Hello all,

I am trying to put together a form of workbook that teachers are able to use within mainstream classrooms to help hetter understand children that are on the spectrum.

I find that too often children labelled as autistic are viewed only by their "disorder" and people forget this is a unique individual.

I understand there is a wide spectrum of needs, but I think a focus on positive interactions will help break down the barriers labels create.

Thanks for your time

• That makes a lot of sense to me. I work with a great little guy that has autism. I was told on handover from his former worker that he won't do anything unless you growl at him. I decided to start by just building a relationship with him and then began to understand why problems were happening. 

• I feel people often misjudge my intentions based on my behavior, often my intentions are good or neutral, but others perceive it as bad. I feel that it is really hurtful for someone to claim that I think in a certain way, because they are often wrong. No one can know what I am thinking instead of me. It would be much nicer to ask why I did something I did, instead of assuming I did something based on their guess of my intentions.