Sign the petition

The NAS has created a petition to “Stop the detention of people with autism and learning disabilities in ATU’s”

I have just signed it and urge everyone too as well. 

There but for.....

Get family and friends to as well.  80,000 signatures needed to get a debate in Parliament.

• This can be done by offering customized plans and services such as the IV vitamin infusion at an affordable price.

• They only entered when I told them on 'Sertaline' 

• I have also signed it and have been amazed that professional social care people would not enter my home and then talked over my head.  They then decided not to support me, so now due to lack of suppt, discrimination I have told my Member of Parliament I am taking teddy to the next DWP health assessment.  They then wonder why we have mental issues.. 

• "Disruptive behaviour", yep, got that one hung on me quite a lot too!

• I will sign it (i need to  find it  first ) as someone who got multiple daily detentions in school for "disruptive behaviour" because teachers took away my coping mechanisms and stuff I had meltdowns and stuff, it made it difficult for me to cope and find stability , it sucks its still happening tbh

• Already signed too. It needs reviewing badly. People are having their agency taken away to feed a cynical industry. I keep saying it but autism is a new, relatively untapped revenue stream. This is an industry now, and it's state-enforced, however some of these units are private. It's time that the criteria, conditions, and fashions that shape this issue are reviewed. Even if it was completely necessary for someone to be admitted, the conditions are deplorable. They are supposed to be treatment units, not centres for detainment and punishment.

The private companies are acting under a micro-economic model, whilst being part of the massive machinations of the Mental Health system. They are writing the rulebook, and not being regulated fully, as part of the system they profit from. They are free to be cowboys. Free to opportunity cost. Free to neglect.

The whole system needs review. If the state is making decisions on peoples lives, they need regulation and accountability. That's how it works.

Some of these situations could be avoided in the first place by aporopriate, adequate treatment or help.

My opinion is that autism is managed, not treated. If individuals, carers, parents, and guardians had more resources to learn strategies to cope. There would be less need for intervention. If you heal a cut, you don't need to buy plasters. Mind you no-one can make money then. That's the point though.

• I have already signed the petition