Sign the petition

The NAS has created a petition to “Stop the detention of people with autism and learning disabilities in ATU’s”

I have just signed it and urge everyone too as well. 

There but for.....

Get family and friends to as well.  80,000 signatures needed to get a debate in Parliament.

Parents
  • Signed. I ended up in a mental health hospital - which was a 2.5 hour drive away - run by the Priory Group. I was told if I didn’t go - by someone I had never met before, 30 seconds after meeting him - I would be sectioned. I was there for nearly a month. Whilst there I witnessed patients being forcibly restrained and given an injection. 

Patients were not allowed outside the building unless the psychiatrist gave permission. I didn’t see the psychiatrist for the first 8 days. It was a secure unit and I was only allowed out after finding a member of staff willing to unlock the exit door. They took details of what I was wearing and said if I was longer than the allotted time, they would call the police.

Now I’m afraid to access help because I’m worried I’ll get locked up again.

• Signed. I ended up in a mental health hospital - which was a 2.5 hour drive away - run by the Priory Group. I was told if I didn’t go - by someone I had never met before, 30 seconds after meeting him - I would be sectioned. I was there for nearly a month. Whilst there I witnessed patients being forcibly restrained and given an injection. 

Patients were not allowed outside the building unless the psychiatrist gave permission. I didn’t see the psychiatrist for the first 8 days. It was a secure unit and I was only allowed out after finding a member of staff willing to unlock the exit door. They took details of what I was wearing and said if I was longer than the allotted time, they would call the police.

Now I’m afraid to access help because I’m worried I’ll get locked up again.

Children