• Twice a week
  • Once a week
  • Keep a bath diary
  • When skin itches from dirt
  • When I can smell my own odour
  • When others complain
  • When going to meet other people
  • When a fungus starts to grow between the toes

I often go to group meetings with 'unconventional people' and there's always someone who smells.

When did I last take a bath?  Was it Tuesday or Wednesday?

Parents
  • I've heard so many different answers to this. Some that we should be showering twice a day and other answers that say it isn't good to shower every day because we get rid of oils and stuff that we actually need.

I massively prefer baths and have them regularly so fairly sure I don't smell. About every other day. Hair washing is more of a problem as I really don't like showers very much. Probably only once a week. It seems to survive fine so don't know whether it's actually an issue.

• I've heard so many different answers to this. Some that we should be showering twice a day and other answers that say it isn't good to shower every day because we get rid of oils and stuff that we actually need.

I massively prefer baths and have them regularly so fairly sure I don't smell. About every other day. Hair washing is more of a problem as I really don't like showers very much. Probably only once a week. It seems to survive fine so don't know whether it's actually an issue.

Children
  • The human body does produce it’s own defences, if you wash your hands to often or use a strong cleaner it takes out the oils that occur naturally in the skin. This leaves The pours open to instant infection. So use an emollient or barrier cream after washing hands if you work with anything likely to cause irritation, 

bakers itch is infection of the skin by flour in bakeries. It dries the natural defences and gets into the skin.

Dermatitis from dust or oil is because it gets past the natural defences we should produce. 

I watched a tv programme that proved women who wash to much down below suffer with a lot of infection. Applying powder or deodorant removes or prevents natural defences.

They asked each women how often they bathed etc, then did tests, the so called dirtiest women was by far the cleanest in respect of bacterial infection.

As with all things in life a balance is needed. 

And each person can be more acidic or alkaline in how there body is. Which is why a perfume that smells wonderful on one person smells like stale lager on another, 

• (This reply was meant to be to Robert123)

Once a week normally.

Hands get washed often as I work outside with earth. Construction work is always messy. The only time I vary my once a week shower is if my work makes me dirtier than normal, dust, mud, wet concrete, or even smells that reside in places I work.

Considering I work in erm,,,,,smelly places I very very rarely get any illness, I am not a clean person by nature, If I think I smell I wash, I have told my colleagues to just tell me if I smell to bad as sharing three to a van is a close thing.

Also will make the effort if meeting say someone in an office or doctors appointment.

I have been known to go many weeks without showering, 

I am an earthy person, human odour does not offend me if it is natural in nature. 

I have major sensory issues with showering, I would prefer a bath as I can control it more, water temperature mainly. 

I do not judge people by the way they smell naturally . Some clean people wear far to much deodorant that hurts my nostrils and gives me intense headaches. 

Research has shown over  using antibacterial products in the home delays young people’s immune systems, they are not able to learn to fight off disease, when there body finally comes into contact with one later in life the body has no learnt defence mechanisms.

Kids need to play with mud, get back to nature, the body needs to learn to defend against infection.

()