15 year old daughter socially isolated

My 15 year old daughter is at a mainstream school and has no friends. Her mental health is deteriorating and I’m very worried about her. Does anyone have any advice about how I can help her? I’ve found a few forums but there doesn’t seem to be anything that focuses on teen girls. She says she feels worthless and so needs to feel that someone her own age is interested in her and what she has to say.  

Parents
  • I always struggled with friendships in school. To be honest as horrible as it was I was actually better off isolated as I usually got it wrong with friends in the end and would feel more hurt in the process. I was also easily led so was often tricked into thinking people were my friends and then forced to do things that got me into trouble.

I feel for your daughter, school was a horrible time socially. My saviour was my special interests. I spent most weekends involved with them and was able to successfully make a few friends. It's still the only way I really maintain any kind of friendship. I don't know if your daughter has any interests/hobbies she could pursue? It really helps me with interaction and stops me feeling bored and feeling the isolation so much.

• I always struggled with friendships in school. To be honest as horrible as it was I was actually better off isolated as I usually got it wrong with friends in the end and would feel more hurt in the process. I was also easily led so was often tricked into thinking people were my friends and then forced to do things that got me into trouble.

I feel for your daughter, school was a horrible time socially. My saviour was my special interests. I spent most weekends involved with them and was able to successfully make a few friends. It's still the only way I really maintain any kind of friendship. I don't know if your daughter has any interests/hobbies she could pursue? It really helps me with interaction and stops me feeling bored and feeling the isolation so much.

Children
No Data