Does anyone else worry and get pains?

Hi,

I'm a really big worrier. Worrying is a huge part of my Autism, its caused me so much grief, especially as I've got older. I'm now 21 and it's like I've had a lifetime of worrying. In the last three years alone...

My dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, which looks like it's getting worse.

My mum was diagnosed with a brain tumour, we later found out it was benign.

We were involved in a car crash.

My brother had a blood clot on his lung, he is now better.

My gran passed away.

And I keep fluctuating between different states. Some days I'm happy and other days I'm really depressed and sad, and I'm unable to talk to my family about it because I don't like worrying them. I find it relaxing and soothing talking here, and also listening to music and watching Disney movies.

I just worry all the time, I can even wake up in the middle of the night worrying. And I also get stomach pains, chest pains and headaches. The pain varies between a 5 and a 7 but very rarely any higher than that. I always thought I was seriously ill but this year we took me to the doctors and they did a blood test, which resulted in me passing out outside of the doctor's and being found by a woman and her daughter - very embarrassing! Luckily it turned out that nothing was wrong with me, but the pains I get are still very uncomfortable and I don't even know what they are.

Does anybody else here worry and get pains? If you've got any good coping methods I'd love to here them.

Parents
  • Sorry for all the bad luck you have seemed to of had. 

I get a pain when I worry - it’s in the right hand side of my stomach. It’s like a pinching pain that won’t go away it’s so painful. I only tend to get it when I worry or when I’m stressed. I’ve been hospitalised with it a few times it’s been so severe. It’s a horrible feeling but it does settle when my anxiety/stress levels do. 

• Sorry for all the bad luck you have seemed to of had. 

I get a pain when I worry - it’s in the right hand side of my stomach. It’s like a pinching pain that won’t go away it’s so painful. I only tend to get it when I worry or when I’m stressed. I’ve been hospitalised with it a few times it’s been so severe. It’s a horrible feeling but it does settle when my anxiety/stress levels do. 

Children
  • I'm sorry you go through this Disappointed My pain is very much the same and usually is on the right side of my stomach, it has been left as well and in the pelvis sort of area but only when I'm worried and stressed and usually eases by the end of the day.

My pain on a scale of 1-10 usually is a 5 or 7. The worst pain I ever had was a few months ago when it was a 10 on my pain scale, it was my right hand side stomach and was so painful I nearly called a ambulance! It was so painful I could hardly move...

Luckily that only happened the once and weirdly it was after I had a Coca Cola, so I haven't drank another one since. It was probably unrelated but I don't want to take the risk.