Peculiar tolerance to starvation

I have difficulty eating and drinking at work due to comments made to me by a former employer and issues with using the toilets where I work. Whilst I do notice at times I don’t feel great due to total starvation, on the whole I manage to go for the majority of the day with no food or drink at all, and when I’m struggling mentally (as it is currently) I can go a few days without consuming anything at all. Meanwhile, I somehow still get all of my work and activities done. Yet when I raise this with doctors (as I know this isn’t healthy) they always respond with ‘well you must have consumed something otherwise you would be ill from that’. But that’s just the thing, my body appears to have a peculiar robustness when it comes to starvation.

So I’m wondering, is this an aspie thing, is it because other than this I’m really healthy, or is it just my body being an unusual one?! I know of others with autism that have eating/drinking issues but I’m not sure how they manage that or how it affects their ability to function physically/mentally. Any thoughts?

Parents
  • I regularly go for days without food and water and now I do it consciously because not only do I feel at my best when I don't eat or drink but also I've recently found out that it's the most healing thing you can do for your body. People actually pay lots of money to go and do it under medical (not mainstream medical) supervision ~ they could save themselves some money and simply come round my house! Lol! 

Dry fasting, particularly, is the ultimate form of healing. Animals do it in the wild and in the home. It goes against everything we've been taught but there is simply no denying how great I feel, how clear my mind is, how peaceful I am etc, how much energy I have and how good I feel when I dry fast so I'm going for the ultimate in dry fasting, I'm in training to be a breatharian! ~ I don't do things by halves! Lol! 

I think the not feeling hunger etc is an aspie thing, I've never felt hunger but anyone can experience the benefits of fasting. 

• I regularly go for days without food and water and now I do it consciously because not only do I feel at my best when I don't eat or drink but also I've recently found out that it's the most healing thing you can do for your body. People actually pay lots of money to go and do it under medical (not mainstream medical) supervision ~ they could save themselves some money and simply come round my house! Lol! 

Dry fasting, particularly, is the ultimate form of healing. Animals do it in the wild and in the home. It goes against everything we've been taught but there is simply no denying how great I feel, how clear my mind is, how peaceful I am etc, how much energy I have and how good I feel when I dry fast so I'm going for the ultimate in dry fasting, I'm in training to be a breatharian! ~ I don't do things by halves! Lol! 

I think the not feeling hunger etc is an aspie thing, I've never felt hunger but anyone can experience the benefits of fasting. 

Children
  • Dry fasting, particularly, is the ultimate form of healing.

Interesting, thank you for that insight. I didn’t know I was doing myself a DIY health benefit! Everything in moderation I guess. I certainly feel different myself when I haven’t consumed anything, and whilst I don’t feel ill with it it’s hard to describe exactly how I do feel.

I agree, I think there’s a sensory part to it with regards to not feeling hungry/thirsty.