Social Skills Training

Hey guys,

I really want to have a scientific career in research, but it requires networking skills and most all jobs require you to get along with co-workers. I struggle with this as I lack social skills and accidentally come across as rude. This has a massive toll on my mental health and also makes me very, very lonely as I don't have any friends. Is there any kind of healthcare professional, or class, that could improve social skills? Would be willing to pay reasonable £. Counsellor is unwilling to help in this area.

Many thanks. 

Parents
  • Hi aralez,

Something I found useful was to learn stock phrases as a building block for conversation, and then practicing that, as I grew in confidence, I could start to be a more creative and natural speaker. It's not a professional way to do things, but it certainly helps!x

Much love <3

• Hi aralez,

Something I found useful was to learn stock phrases as a building block for conversation, and then practicing that, as I grew in confidence, I could start to be a more creative and natural speaker. It's not a professional way to do things, but it certainly helps!x

Much love <3

Children
No Data