Social Skills Training

Hey guys,

I really want to have a scientific career in research, but it requires networking skills and most all jobs require you to get along with co-workers. I struggle with this as I lack social skills and accidentally come across as rude. This has a massive toll on my mental health and also makes me very, very lonely as I don't have any friends. Is there any kind of healthcare professional, or class, that could improve social skills? Would be willing to pay reasonable £. Counsellor is unwilling to help in this area.

Many thanks. 

Parents
  • Very glad to hear that you asked this question! I have the same issue as you. I'm doing a postgraduate degree and hope to have a scientific career in research. I struggle with the same things as you do, and haven't been very successful with networking skills and getting along with co-workers. I'm not sure what would be the best way to improve social skills, but would like to discuss and hear other people's suggestions, and maybe we could all come up with some ideas together. Are you currently a student/research assistant/postdoc? 

• Very glad to hear that you asked this question! I have the same issue as you. I'm doing a postgraduate degree and hope to have a scientific career in research. I struggle with the same things as you do, and haven't been very successful with networking skills and getting along with co-workers. I'm not sure what would be the best way to improve social skills, but would like to discuss and hear other people's suggestions, and maybe we could all come up with some ideas together. Are you currently a student/research assistant/postdoc? 

Children
No Data