Massive anxiety about contact lenses

Not sure if anyone will be able to relate to this but I've been wearing contact lenses for nearly 2 decades and the last couple of months I've suddenly started to struggle to wear them.

My optician has now tried 3 different types and none of them seem to be making it any better. They are uncomfortable which is stressing me out in itself but I absolutely cannot stand wearing glasses.

I'm really anxious that I'm going to be told I can't wear contacts anymore. The constant appointments back and forth to the opticians isn't helping either as I hate appointments.

I really don't know what to do as hardly anyone even knows I need glasses and the thought of suddenly having to wear them and everyone commenting on them makes me feel physically sick. It honestly makes me not want to leave the house. Really struggling with this and too embarrassed to speak to anyone I know about it.

Parents
  • I tried contact lenses twice, but my corneas need all the oxygen they can get and contact lenses just give me bloodshot and painful eyes. I now have an optician where I essentially design my own glasses, its expensive, but worth it. I have completely circular frameless lenses with the residual frame made of titanium, it is strong but wire-thin. The glasses have negligible weight and have little impact on the look of my face. I designed them about 15 years ago and now just change the prescription when needed and the frame colour every so-often.

• I tried contact lenses twice, but my corneas need all the oxygen they can get and contact lenses just give me bloodshot and painful eyes. I now have an optician where I essentially design my own glasses, its expensive, but worth it. I have completely circular frameless lenses with the residual frame made of titanium, it is strong but wire-thin. The glasses have negligible weight and have little impact on the look of my face. I designed them about 15 years ago and now just change the prescription when needed and the frame colour every so-often.

Children
No Data