Hospitals not ASD friendly

I have had to go to A and E and found the experience deeply uncomfortable.  Lots of people noise etc.  

I also have had to wait over a month and a half for a breathing issue to do with my throat.  Despite my Gp saying it was urgent.  

I got told many reasons why I had to wait so long.  Inconsistency, a real pain with my suspected ASD.  This prolonged agony got me thinking,  do hospitals really understand ASD?

Think of their layout and lack of facilities.

Does anyone else think this?

Parents
  • There are extensive roadworks outside my local hospital / GP practice that are planned to last "six to eight weeks" - so in local-council-speak that's probably more like three to four months. With the noise and wide-ranging traffic diversions the hell starts at least 15-mins before I even reach the building! 

• There are extensive roadworks outside my local hospital / GP practice that are planned to last "six to eight weeks" - so in local-council-speak that's probably more like three to four months. With the noise and wide-ranging traffic diversions the hell starts at least 15-mins before I even reach the building! 

Children
No Data