Hospitals not ASD friendly

I have had to go to A and E and found the experience deeply uncomfortable.  Lots of people noise etc.  

I also have had to wait over a month and a half for a breathing issue to do with my throat.  Despite my Gp saying it was urgent.  

I got told many reasons why I had to wait so long.  Inconsistency, a real pain with my suspected ASD.  This prolonged agony got me thinking,  do hospitals really understand ASD?

Think of their layout and lack of facilities.

Does anyone else think this?

Parents
  • I certainly agree, I had to go to A&E a couple of months ago and it was torture! I also had to return several times for follow up appointments and they were nearly as bad, although for the latter times at least I was given prior notice so I was able to plan accordingly. My biggest lifesaver is knitting! No-one bats an eyelid at me ignoring everyone else and I lose all track of time when following a pattern so I don't get stressed out at how long it's taking :) 

• I certainly agree, I had to go to A&E a couple of months ago and it was torture! I also had to return several times for follow up appointments and they were nearly as bad, although for the latter times at least I was given prior notice so I was able to plan accordingly. My biggest lifesaver is knitting! No-one bats an eyelid at me ignoring everyone else and I lose all track of time when following a pattern so I don't get stressed out at how long it's taking :) 

Children
No Data