A Shame the Snow Has Gone

I realise I am being selfish but the snow made everything quieter and my well-being improved as a result.

Yes, I missed hearing the birds singing but I did not miss the assault of man-made noise. At least the rain kept the latter at bay for today.

Parents
  • I know what you mean. I went for a walk the other night in the snow, the first time I’d been for a walk in a long time. It was wonderful, hardly any cars or people around. It seemed so bright, but not startling and everything seemed soft and somehow quieter. It was wonderful. I felt like I was walking on a film set. I love the cold weather but also, it means less people are out and as I like to be out, that’s a huge bonus to me. If I’m going to be in the U.K. at all, I especially like it in winter. 

• You describe the situation well. I also prefer winter (preferably a cold one).

Reply Children
  • Let’s keep this a great secret so others don’t cotton on to how wonderful the cold is

Great idea!

• Oh yeah, the colder the better. Let’s keep this a great secret so others don’t cotton on to how wonderful the cold is and all it’s added bonuses, such as less people, less man made noise, you can actually feel nature, you’re head, ears, feet and hands are warm but the cold pinches your face. I love it. But snow and cold at night is something else! Lol! I love autumn but I think I prefer snow the best.