Dragons

GP Receptions or as I call them Dragons.

Do you put of contact with GP's just because of dread problems dealing with GP recepition's?

Parents
  • The ones at my current surgery - I switched surgeries a couple of years ago - are really good.  Very helpful and understanding.

Before that, at my last surgery, they were awful (bar one, who was only there part-time).  They seemed to go out of their way to be as unhelpful as possible.  Miserable, surly creatures.  I'd ring up and make a simple request, say, for a copy of a document.

'We're not allowed to do that without a doctor's permission.'

'I know.  So could you ask a doctor for me, please.'

'I'm not sure I can do that.'

'Oh, is there a problem?'

'It would be better to make an appointment and ask the doctor yourself.'

'But I don't want to waste the doctor's time.  I thought you could ask the doctor for me.'

'You really ought to write in.'

'But I need it quite urgently.  I just thought you could ask the doctor for me, please.'

'I'm not sure I can do that.  I'll have to ask the doctor.'

(preparing to smash phone)

'Yes, please... that's what I'm asking.'

etc...

• The ones at my current surgery - I switched surgeries a couple of years ago - are really good.  Very helpful and understanding.

Before that, at my last surgery, they were awful (bar one, who was only there part-time).  They seemed to go out of their way to be as unhelpful as possible.  Miserable, surly creatures.  I'd ring up and make a simple request, say, for a copy of a document.

'We're not allowed to do that without a doctor's permission.'

'I know.  So could you ask a doctor for me, please.'

'I'm not sure I can do that.'

'Oh, is there a problem?'

'It would be better to make an appointment and ask the doctor yourself.'

'But I don't want to waste the doctor's time.  I thought you could ask the doctor for me.'

'You really ought to write in.'

'But I need it quite urgently.  I just thought you could ask the doctor for me, please.'

'I'm not sure I can do that.  I'll have to ask the doctor.'

(preparing to smash phone)

'Yes, please... that's what I'm asking.'

etc...

Children