Advice for mental health

Hi

I've been struggling with my mental health lately due to my autism. Its really hard to talk to someone about this. My parents aren't understanding of it and have treated me differently because of it. I've had several bad experiences with friendships too. I'm okay at making friends but when I tell them that I have autism, they treat me badly because of it. I feel miserable and I really struggle talking to someone about all this. Is there any sites/books/self help, just anything that can help improve my wellbeing?

• Sorry to read about your bad experiences, I hope things improve for you soon.

Re sites, Ieso are good. They provide online counselling which is great because, I don't know about you, but I find writing what I am feeling much easier than trying to vocalise it, and not having to do that face to face is even better. This link should lead to to some info about what it is and where it is available, but if you're not in one of those areas there might be something similar near to where you are https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/online-mental-health-services/Pages/ieso-digital-health.aspx

• As Robert has already said, being on here is good to find out about others who have been through what you are going through now, 

Feel free to talk or ask questions, we are all different but overall we do listen and we care, 

glad to you have joined our tribe! A friendly place where you will not be judged, be yourself,,,you might be suprised how most will understand what you are saying.

we all speak a special language,,, It is called honest and real. An under used construct amongst NT beings, 

complimentary hug aspie style ()  virtual.

• Being on this site and reading about others experiences can help.  It does for me.

As does chatting here.

There are plenty of self help books available.  Not just for autistic.  A good start is dale Carnegie book, how to make friends and influence people.

I personally would avoid talking about autism to new friends. Unless they complain about your personal behaviour first.  Then explain that you're autistic.