Neighbours making a complaint

Hi sorry I’m not sure if I’ve put this in the right bit

the last three to four months my neighbors have been messaging me about my son jumping and scream he is non verbal he jumps a lot when he’s excited he wakes up in the night I’ve tried everything to try and keep him calm and quite as I understand how annoying it has to be for them but it is getting to the point I’m being told to shut him the f**k up and that this has nothing to do with his autism and being told my parenting is bad they are bowing taking this to housing to make a formal complaint is there anything housing can do As I am trying my hardest to inpove the  situation I just don’t no what move I can do :( I feel so bad for my son he’s four and having things sed about him is upsetting me 

Parents Reply Children
  • What a horrible situation to be in. Even if it is annoying your neighbor he shouldn't be swearing at you, that is anti-social behavior. I too suggest keeping a log of when your neighbor is abusive - swearing at you is abuse - and seeking advice from your housing officer. Is your neighbor renting too? If he is unable to find compassion in the situation and finds the noise to disturbing he could move, he does have other options than abusing you to in the hope that you will be able to magically get your son to change.

I'm sorry people on this forum haven't been more understanding. I am hypersensitive to noise and live in a flat. I can often hear my neighbors going about their day-to-day lives and although it's annoying I recognise that they have a right to lives so put up with it - my employer gave me noise-cancelling headphones to use when I was working from home. I disagree with California and don't think its appropriate to report a neighbor simply because a child is running around during the day. I believe that complaint is a waste of council resources.

I hope you're able to get help with this and things can improve. It must be difficult enough supporting your son without having this extra stress on top.