Open plan offices can make you MISERABLE: Seeing colleagues all day leads to distraction and irritation, say scientists.

Open plan offices can make you MISERABLE: Seeing colleagues all day leads to distraction and irritation, say scientists

Researchers from CTF, Service Research Centre at Karlstad University in Sweden have found that open plan offices are counter-productive and bad for staff morale (stock).

The article.

Do you agree?

I know that I do not like open plan office and they make me miserable.

Parents
  • DongFeng5 has summarised the open-plan office dilemma well already, but from a personal experience, I hate them!

I never worked in an open plan office until I started my current job, which I have continued to struggle and adapt to.  Head count has increased substantially as well, to the point the office is out of room and we are crammed in like battery hens.  The noise, varying activities and general hustle and bustle is a nightmare to contend with.  I do wonder if this is related to my increase in shutdowns as they have become more frequent as head count has increased.

• I also have to say from a personal experience that I hate open plan offices.

I also continue to struggle.

The noise, varying activities and general hustle and bustle is a nightmare to contend with.

Reply Children
No Data