Petition for ASD to be recognized within DWP Assessments.

Please keep signing and sharing StarBlue hearthttps://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/210975

We all know how difficult Autism can be regardless of where on the spectrum an individual is. Please share and sign to get the government to open their eyes to how these Assessments are conducted. There's not enough education with the assessors to fully understand the daily difficulties that people with ASD go through! 

Keep sharing.

• I think many people do not understand what PIP is - it a payment based entirely on measured needs and the claimants capabilities.      Just because someone has a problem, it doesn't mean they score any points.

ASD covers such a wide spectrum of abilities ranging from almost fully functioning to barely functional that there needs to be an assessment of each individual.

PIP asks things like can the person cook and feed themselves, can they wash and dress themselves, can they plan a journey and get about, can they manage bathroom functions, can they manage money and can they communicate with others.

ASD is also one of the most faked applications to the DWP because there's no obvious markers like a missing leg.  Smiley

• I don't think autism should get financial support as its not a disability in my eyes. I have autism and would never want to do that. I guess if there are comorbidities such as severe learning disability then maybe in that case but then that would be for learning disability not autism

• My granddaughter has ASD and select Mutisum yet the DWP have continued to ignore the fact she has a diagnosis and keep turning her PIP down this isn't right theyve even copied and pasted things from her 2018 claim put it in this new claim but gave her zero points again she did go to tribunal no representation she was continually questioned by judge and DWP and because her mum had was also going to tribunal on same day illegally questioned her about her mum's disabilities this is got to be against her human rights, disabilities legislation. Its got to stop .