ASD and Stomach Problems

Hello All,

I apologise if this is already a thread, however this has been bothering me. I heard a while ago that people with ASD (I have Asperger's) are prone to having stomach trouble, and I was wondering if other people have found this? I myself has always had terrible stomachaches or just a constant pain in my stomach. I didn't think too much of it until I went to university, and for the past four/five years it's getting worse. Doctors tell me I have IBS, which is at least something so I can manage it, but I was wondering if stomach troubles is also a common theme amongst other Aspies and people with Autism?

Thank you :)

Parents
  • Hello. I suffered the same and at uni was diagnosed with IBS. I then cut out gluten and things are so much better. I’m not coeliac. I have since also tested positive for a dairy protein allergy. So now I’m gf and df if I have any gluten or dairy I really notice the stomach pains! Hope this helps. Perhaps do a gf couple of weeks? 

• Hello. I suffered the same and at uni was diagnosed with IBS. I then cut out gluten and things are so much better. I’m not coeliac. I have since also tested positive for a dairy protein allergy. So now I’m gf and df if I have any gluten or dairy I really notice the stomach pains! Hope this helps. Perhaps do a gf couple of weeks? 

Children
No Data