Really high anxiety levels

Hi, I have a 14 year old son with ASD and since before Christmas his anxiety levels have been really high, but this week things have got a lot worse...he can’t go in any lessons at school and his whole personality has changed.

The one thing that scares me is his eyes, at times they shake from side to side though anxiety I think but he is snapping and just really isn’t his happy smiling self.

would anyone have any advice for me to help him? 

Parents
  • Hi ..I have no advice I'm afraid but wanted to share that I too am going through exactly the same thing with my 13 year old daughter (she will be 14 in April). Since having to return to school after Christmas she too has been struggling with severe anxiety to the point that she cannot face school. I am currently waiting for counselling for her as I am at my wits end what to do. The school are aware but I feel she is missing so much of her education and all our stress levels are sky high. She has been given some medication for her anxiety but this does not get to the root of the problem.

• Hi ..I have no advice I'm afraid but wanted to share that I too am going through exactly the same thing with my 13 year old daughter (she will be 14 in April). Since having to return to school after Christmas she too has been struggling with severe anxiety to the point that she cannot face school. I am currently waiting for counselling for her as I am at my wits end what to do. The school are aware but I feel she is missing so much of her education and all our stress levels are sky high. She has been given some medication for her anxiety but this does not get to the root of the problem.

Children
No Data