Really high anxiety levels

Hi, I have a 14 year old son with ASD and since before Christmas his anxiety levels have been really high, but this week things have got a lot worse...he can’t go in any lessons at school and his whole personality has changed.

The one thing that scares me is his eyes, at times they shake from side to side though anxiety I think but he is snapping and just really isn’t his happy smiling self.

would anyone have any advice for me to help him? 

Parents
  • My anxiety levels and moods are just beginning to stabslise since just before Christmas. The build up to Christmas, the whole Christmas period and then what feels like a sudden shift back to 'normality' were too much for me and I barely go out of the house just now. So it's not like I even got into Christmas in a big way but it sent my moods and emotions all over the place and even with tons and tons of time to process it all etc, it still took me a while. I still haven't opened most of my Christmas cards, I've got well over 20 to open still. 

How long before Christmas did the anxiety levels rise? The change back to normal felt particularly brutal to me this year and I nearly had a heart attack when I heard my letter box rattle and was horrified to find that I had indeed had a letter delivered - things really were back to 'normal'. This was very hard for me. 

• My anxiety levels and moods are just beginning to stabslise since just before Christmas. The build up to Christmas, the whole Christmas period and then what feels like a sudden shift back to 'normality' were too much for me and I barely go out of the house just now. So it's not like I even got into Christmas in a big way but it sent my moods and emotions all over the place and even with tons and tons of time to process it all etc, it still took me a while. I still haven't opened most of my Christmas cards, I've got well over 20 to open still. 

How long before Christmas did the anxiety levels rise? The change back to normal felt particularly brutal to me this year and I nearly had a heart attack when I heard my letter box rattle and was horrified to find that I had indeed had a letter delivered - things really were back to 'normal'. This was very hard for me. 

Children