Information Overload!

Hi all,

Sometimes I think that we receive too much information. The news is flooded with negative events, we are learning new things every day, and for the more analytical minds, we love to analyse and assess every little thing. When this happens, we need to relax our minds, and let things be, rather than strangle everything with our tenacious hold. There's so much information coming in, but we don't need to interact with it all - doing so would cause you too much stress and drive you insane!

Much love <3

Parents
  • Hi there welcome aboard, I stopped watching news programs as they just dragged me down to much, I wanted to rant at the injustice everywhere in the name of humanity, I cannot help or cure against it all, 

i decided to stop tormenting myself. Like an ostrich I bury my head, it will never stop no matter what I do.

• Hi there welcome aboard, I stopped watching news programs as they just dragged me down to much, I wanted to rant at the injustice everywhere in the name of humanity, I cannot help or cure against it all, 

i decided to stop tormenting myself. Like an ostrich I bury my head, it will never stop no matter what I do.

Children
  • Me too. No tv news but I select things from the bbc app at my own pace. I stick to U PG and sometimes 15 rated films for the same reason. I find the daily requests for all sorts of charities whether the plastic bags to fill or harrowing requests really difficult but then tell myself not nearly as difficult as those suffering. It’s quite hard to be aware, keep informed and protect our over sensitive hearts from all the tragedy. It’s not just all the negative information either.. things like multiple signage on roads and verges, continual adverts flooding the letter box, adverts on tv, overwhelm from too much choice and too many decisions. If like me you like to research things when someone/something is mentioned which peaks our interest.. the World Wide Web can take you from page to page of fascinating absorbing stuff spending hours finding things out.. yes I definitely feel the need to switch off more and more frequently 

• I no longer watch the news, or buy a newspaper for precisely the same reason. Now I get most of my news updates via Facebook, which I can go to or not go to as I wish.