The tiredness is killing me

Every time I go out and do something, like shopping, browsing or take the kids out I am absolutely shattered after and fall asleep no matter how hard I try to stay awake. It really is quite annoying and I feel so silly having to go and lay down in the middle of the day Disappointed

At the weekend my husband suggested taking the kids (5 of them) to Smyth's toy store, just to get out of the house and do something the children would enjoy. It was packed full of people! There was music on the speakers, sounds from all the toys and hundreds of voices all at the same time. Everybody was brushing into me and the kids were going mental, wanting to try every scooter they could find. I HATED IT! When we got back I fell asleep for a couple of hours!  

Yesterday and today I have spent my mornings taking photos of Pre School kids and last week I did another Pre School. I have hundreds of photos to edit so they can order before Christmas but I am SO tired ZZzZZzzzzzzzz.. It's SO hard!

How do you deal with fatigue and work? 

Parents
  • Try not to be too hard on yourself, i have no idea how it's even possible to run a house and business with 5 kids?! I honestly don't believe i could do that. My mum was really tired when she was low on iron, so maybe you could check your iron levels. I would say try to make sure you do something to relax to try to sleep better at night, but i don't suppose you have time...maybe just some breathing exercises or visualisation for 2 minutes (even as i type that i think it must be obvious i'm not a mother!). If you have a garden perhaps spend a few minutes out there for some fresh air. Oh, you might be dehydrated, that makes me feel sleepy. Or your blood sugar might be crashing, so you could research that. Think that's all i can think of at the moment! Probably not anything you've not already tried!

• Thank you, I never thought about dehydration leading to fatigue. I will try and drink more. Also, I only have 2 kids but my husband has..... Hold on...... 7! 2 adults and 5 smaller ones. So it's only at the weekend we have a lot

Reply Children
No Data