I'm not sure if it's because of ASD

But I have a big problem with my jaw. It locks up so I can't open my mouth fully and it does it so often. I have realized that I clench my teeth together really hard all the time and I think I grind them in my sleep. Every time I yawn my jaw clicks and it hurts so much!

Could this be linked to ASD or is it a separate problem?

Parents
  • Hi Lone, 

Having the same issue. Guess it's not directly related but indirectly via anxiety/stress. I'm sure about myself, because it gets a lot worse when I'm very anxious. These plastic things will help with teeth grinding but I guess not against your face being the equivalent to a fist all night. Guess anything that may help you to relax would be worth trying, don't think I have found anything for myself yet. I need the cause of the anxiety sorted, otherwise I don't seem able to relax, and that's not always possible...

• I have it too. I was using the shields/guard but had to stop. Oddly enough its also mentioned as one of the symptoms mentioned on the Eds ( see Back pain thread) ... So as you say Oktanol hard to know if directly or indirectly related. 

• That was a very intering read! I have suffered from back pain all my life but the doctors have never given me a reason for it, except for a physio who said I have very weak core muscles in my back. Then there's my problem with my jaw and I also suffer from IBS.. I wonder if it's all connected now, hmmmm. I've also had horrible side effects from medication before

• That was a very intering read! I have suffered from back pain all my life but the doctors have never given me a reason for it, except for a physio who said I have very weak core muscles in my back. Then there's my problem with my jaw and I also suffer from IBS.. I wonder if it's all connected now, hmmmm. I've also had horrible side effects from medication before

Children
No Data