PIP face to face assessment advice

Hi, well here is the answer to my last post! We have to go for a face to face this Thursday!!. My son has turned 16 and is going from dla to pip.

After reading the booklet I am confused as it says about taking a companion as they "can add in anything that helps you explain the difficulties you face more clearly, or help you answer any questions that you're asked" yet everything I see online says they don't listen to anyone with the claimant!!. Should I point this out to the HP if they appear to be ignoring me?.

Also if am my son's appointee surely the finance question is a formality as the dwp has already decided my son cannot deal with his finances!!.

Again I am really worried he will just say he can do everything!! Is it worth me doing a care diary between now and then?.

Has anyone on here been to one of these? And have you any info on what they ask them?. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Parents
  • I recommend you take your support worker with you if you have one or at the very least someone who knows a bit about autistic who knows when best to step in and help you. 

I had mine on Friday 1 Dec and thankfully had someone with me that has been working with me for three years. So knows all of my issues... Much of what I struggle with on a day to day is executive functioning related. I also struggle with auditory sensory issues. So we worked on those in the form and told the assessor pretty much the same as we'd put on the form. There was one point in my interview where I was struggling to describe the difficulties that I have when it comes to preparing a simple meal, which basically translated to the fact that I need prompting because of the smaller tasks involved in doing so. Thankfully the person I took with me knew to step in. 

But be honest. And say what you said on the form because that is what the assessors are working with. 

I don't really know how I did. All I will say is that the guy I got was pretty intimidating with his directness. But I'm thinking positively because my EF can be very bad. Especially when stressed and overwhelmed with too many things to do. 

Good luck. 

• I recommend you take your support worker with you if you have one or at the very least someone who knows a bit about autistic who knows when best to step in and help you. 

I had mine on Friday 1 Dec and thankfully had someone with me that has been working with me for three years. So knows all of my issues... Much of what I struggle with on a day to day is executive functioning related. I also struggle with auditory sensory issues. So we worked on those in the form and told the assessor pretty much the same as we'd put on the form. There was one point in my interview where I was struggling to describe the difficulties that I have when it comes to preparing a simple meal, which basically translated to the fact that I need prompting because of the smaller tasks involved in doing so. Thankfully the person I took with me knew to step in. 

But be honest. And say what you said on the form because that is what the assessors are working with. 

I don't really know how I did. All I will say is that the guy I got was pretty intimidating with his directness. But I'm thinking positively because my EF can be very bad. Especially when stressed and overwhelmed with too many things to do. 

Good luck. 

Children
No Data