PIP face to face assessment advice

Hi, well here is the answer to my last post! We have to go for a face to face this Thursday!!. My son has turned 16 and is going from dla to pip.

After reading the booklet I am confused as it says about taking a companion as they "can add in anything that helps you explain the difficulties you face more clearly, or help you answer any questions that you're asked" yet everything I see online says they don't listen to anyone with the claimant!!. Should I point this out to the HP if they appear to be ignoring me?.

Also if am my son's appointee surely the finance question is a formality as the dwp has already decided my son cannot deal with his finances!!.

Again I am really worried he will just say he can do everything!! Is it worth me doing a care diary between now and then?.

Has anyone on here been to one of these? And have you any info on what they ask them?. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi, here is an update! It has been 4 weeks since the assessment and we have heard nothing so this morning I rand the DWP. They informed me that they have not had the report from the assessors as yetRage!!!!!. We have been waiting every day expecting a letter from them but now it will be weeks more waiting!! I am soo annoyed. Especially at this time of year, we don't know where we are until we knowRageone way or another and my son has exams in the spring so if we have to go to tribunal it could be a nightmare!! Rage

• Hi, here is an update! It has been 4 weeks since the assessment and we have heard nothing so this morning I rand the DWP. They informed me that they have not had the report from the assessors as yetRage!!!!!. We have been waiting every day expecting a letter from them but now it will be weeks more waiting!! I am soo annoyed. Especially at this time of year, we don't know where we are until we knowRageone way or another and my son has exams in the spring so if we have to go to tribunal it could be a nightmare!! Rage

Children
  • I was given the same message when I chased and then the letter arrived the next day! It comes across as though they're allowed to tell you much by phone. Don't forget the DWP relies on humans to run its service so waiting times are just a guide. It is the time of the year when people start to be off with colds and flu, plus a lot of people take annual leave to go Christmas shopping so services do tend to slow down.