AUTISTIC PEOPLE ON THE (N.A.S.) INTERNET, AND "HOW-TO" USE IT.

I am new to this WHOLE "Internet/post/thread/blog" business... but I am NOT new to being able to write lucidly or how to use computers at all. NAS gives some "rules" but they are not all that clear. Mostly they say that you should do things which 'are okay as if the entire affair were RATED UNDER 15 if it were a classified as a movie'. But AUTISTIC persons like me make mistakes in "INTERNET-MANNER" without realising it... and so this "thread" or whatever invites rules CLARIFYING anything. I hope anyone understands, and "posts" something helpful.
For examples: One *not* stated rule seems to be: DO NOT WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS! But there seems to be no other way to emphasise certain words, e.g. no ITALLICS are available.
Another thing I have noticed is that people are very quick to tap the "unlike" button, but are much less likely to tap the "like" button, even in giving a genuine "Thank You", and yet all "views" are counted anyway.
Lastly, on some devices, "hints and tips" flashes up and then disappears so fast, that it is as if it is only there to satisfy "legal reasons" rather than to be helpful to anyone...
...I also attempt to start this "thread/blog" in apology at anyone I have so far "offended" but I don't know WHY OR HOW I did so!
Thus I also appreciate feedback about "understanding" or "hate" in general - for "AUTISTIC people on the Internet" ONLY (not concerning society in general, please)... For even here, on NAS, there seems to be no-place where Autistic Adults THEMSELVES have a forum... or for those "Autistic 'children' who know how to program a computer"...?

Parents
  • It is me, the starter again. I have learned not use CAPITALS so much. But...

I do not know if one is allowed to post more than one message per-day, and so I squeeze in a lot here again.

The first thing I should say is, excuse me an uncharacteristic ebullition --- YAY! I was thinking of deleting this "thread" after I first did it, but now given what is written it is marvellous, all of you, so please keep it up. I thought I was alone in being "offensive" ("on the Internet") but I'm not? This is something I thought might be addressed elsewhere, (in NAS), but it seems that I was 'useful' to start something like this, and I really needed it "right now".

Second thing(s), pretty important to keeping this forum/thread/discussion going... Anyone reading any of this, or anyone in replying to others - PLEASE use the "like" button (if you can find it), this is part of the "test" of this business. Some of us get "disliked" without knowing why and get, um "thrown off"/"banned" or whatever. (But NAS only sends a "stock message" which does not help at all). Or if this doesn't work, send a short "reply" and see how "liking" works when doing that - or even if replying is POSSIBLE, which kind of links to the next point...

Next, Technical stuff: Please post in this forum/thread what you yourself have learned if you care to share it: from missing "buttons", links that change, or anything at all. When there is trouble, please state it - so far it should be good to know warnings about bad things which are usually dismissed normally, yet are constant, if you know what I mean...

Is this last? This is more I can add about the subject of "protocols". As well as CAPITALS, they don't seem to like it when you do not CONTRACT your English: i.e. "I cannot and shall not do this" is seen as more hostile than "I can't and shan't do this". Don't ask me why, but non-contracted (formal?) diction is seen as more hostile on a forum/thread ... (LOL-if-I-were-not-Autistic.)
    Also they dislike LISTING or "Bullet-pointing", which is as if to go like:
    a) first point
    b) second point
    c) third point
    ... like that. I'll close this now. (Don't forget to "LIKE" each-other, for all the good it may be allowed to do.) がんばって!

• Hi DC your discussion in this post has been very interestng and it is good to see your day has ended on a happy note. 

• "Hi" in reply to your "EMAILS" at me, which don't show up on this website, but "EMAILing" brings up many other "issues" of the sort over which I began this "thread/forum"...

This is what I did & I still do. Believe it or not, I have *never* used "Emailing software" to send an "Email" in my entire life, never. The device I use to
    "SetUp" all of this Internet stuff is an iPOD, which can "receive", yet has no "phone number". Upon this little fellow I gain any "messages", "notifications", "updates", "offers"... but the only way to tell what is what, is by how it is presented.
    In doing such as setting up this "thread/forum" I use a *different* device: an E-READER: it is newer and quicker and bigger, and the keyboard is likewise. Yet - the two devices seem as if *deliberately* made to NOT connect to each other, even when sharing identical software...!
    On the E-reader, I clicked the "friend" button and a whacking-great-big BOX appeared, which "ghosts" out almost everything else apart from two buttons: and in not wanting the device to delete everything underneath, I write in the BOX and "send/friend" it... but even after doing that, it STILL got rid of everything else, and so...
    1) I can't recall what I wrote! I think it started with "Um..."
    2) I apparently SENT an "Email" but didn't know it. This is another learning lesson about "The Internet".
    3) I HAVE pressed "friend" buttons before, but they did nothing before. I do understand that it is supposedly a two-way thing, but the same is also said of so many other "Internet"-matters (e.g. link, like, dislike, post, delete, check, share)...
    4) Personally to you, "NAS24896" (if that number is right?)... I am, of course, still very grateful at you, which was why I attempted the "friend" button...but the fact is, via "Email Software"... I can't reply to you! I can only do so via "boxes" or "buttons", and here, where it is for many to be read.

This again is another of the kind of "trouble" over which this "thread/forum" was started. Glad tidings to you in any case.

• "Hi" in reply to your "EMAILS" at me, which don't show up on this website, but "EMAILing" brings up many other "issues" of the sort over which I began this "thread/forum"...

This is what I did & I still do. Believe it or not, I have *never* used "Emailing software" to send an "Email" in my entire life, never. The device I use to
    "SetUp" all of this Internet stuff is an iPOD, which can "receive", yet has no "phone number". Upon this little fellow I gain any "messages", "notifications", "updates", "offers"... but the only way to tell what is what, is by how it is presented.
    In doing such as setting up this "thread/forum" I use a *different* device: an E-READER: it is newer and quicker and bigger, and the keyboard is likewise. Yet - the two devices seem as if *deliberately* made to NOT connect to each other, even when sharing identical software...!
    On the E-reader, I clicked the "friend" button and a whacking-great-big BOX appeared, which "ghosts" out almost everything else apart from two buttons: and in not wanting the device to delete everything underneath, I write in the BOX and "send/friend" it... but even after doing that, it STILL got rid of everything else, and so...
    1) I can't recall what I wrote! I think it started with "Um..."
    2) I apparently SENT an "Email" but didn't know it. This is another learning lesson about "The Internet".
    3) I HAVE pressed "friend" buttons before, but they did nothing before. I do understand that it is supposedly a two-way thing, but the same is also said of so many other "Internet"-matters (e.g. link, like, dislike, post, delete, check, share)...
    4) Personally to you, "NAS24896" (if that number is right?)... I am, of course, still very grateful at you, which was why I attempted the "friend" button...but the fact is, via "Email Software"... I can't reply to you! I can only do so via "boxes" or "buttons", and here, where it is for many to be read.

This again is another of the kind of "trouble" over which this "thread/forum" was started. Glad tidings to you in any case.

Children
No Data