Professions or suitable jobs for Austistic people

I am a Mum to an 11year old who is interested in computors. I would like some advice from people who are successful in their jobs by that I mean happy at what they do and why they are happy. I don't mean earning power even though that is an indicator.  My son finds it difficult to follow instructions and has problems processing information. He likes facts and describes himself as a nerd. He likes that title of nerd. 

What jobs have you found do not suit and what jobs do suit. Are colleagues aware of your Autism or not.? Are they supoortive of you (i.e. no bullying or unkind remarks)

What jobs were difficult and performance issues arose?  I would be interested to hear your advice and experience. 

Parents
  • Hi Sugarlump. I’ve been working as a teacher for over 15yrs in a geeky field....it has its anxious moments but in the main positive. Due to my subject I also meet quite a lot of autistic kids. Some of my work colleagues know that I am ASD but don’t make a thing about it ....positive or negative. I have just started making the kids aware 

• Hi Sugarlump. I’ve been working as a teacher for over 15yrs in a geeky field....it has its anxious moments but in the main positive. Due to my subject I also meet quite a lot of autistic kids. Some of my work colleagues know that I am ASD but don’t make a thing about it ....positive or negative. I have just started making the kids aware 

Children