Back pain

Hi

i have some form of instability in my back that the doctors can't get to the bottom of, but the net result is back pain that painkillers don't deal with and it disturbs my sleep every single night. Having just read a couple of other posts and wondering for a while now about the possibility of some form of co-morbidity between autism and back issues, I thought I would just do a quick straw poll to find out how wide spread the issue is.

Thanks 

Andrew

Parents
  • Hi Andrew,  I'm currently rehabbing from a back injury (L5 bulge). On YouTube search Rowan Ellis Body Synergy Gym and you will find the guy who I see has some videos about body awareness. The big thing about his approach is it teaches you good posture while you do core strength development.

I am currently weaning down off 1600mg brufen on to a 100mg cox2 inhibitor, topped up with paracetamol. I was on Acupan which is like Tramadol for people who can't take Tramadol!

• Hi

Thats interesting as I have L5/S1 problems as well as L2/L3. I've been working with the same physio for some time and we've tried various exercises. Basic problem is that the more exercise I do the worse everything gets. Last time I walked 17,000 steps I greyed out with pain. If I bend to my left the my lumbar spine rotates around the spinal cord, which is really weird and no one seems to know what's causing it. I'm on naproxen, paracetamol, dihydrocodeine, and gabapentin, yet I can still feel the pain. A back support greatly reduces the pain, far more than the painkillers do, but obviously I can't use it that much due to the risk of causing muscle weakness. 

Hence im interested in whether there is a link on the nerve side between autism and back issues.

Andrew

• Hi

Thats interesting as I have L5/S1 problems as well as L2/L3. I've been working with the same physio for some time and we've tried various exercises. Basic problem is that the more exercise I do the worse everything gets. Last time I walked 17,000 steps I greyed out with pain. If I bend to my left the my lumbar spine rotates around the spinal cord, which is really weird and no one seems to know what's causing it. I'm on naproxen, paracetamol, dihydrocodeine, and gabapentin, yet I can still feel the pain. A back support greatly reduces the pain, far more than the painkillers do, but obviously I can't use it that much due to the risk of causing muscle weakness. 

Hence im interested in whether there is a link on the nerve side between autism and back issues.

Andrew

Children
No Data