Does anyone want to be part of my book?

Hello

I am 34 years old and on the spectrum. Having worked with people with autism for almost a decade I have come to realise that there is a gap in the market for a book containing a true depiction of the amazing diversity of people on the spectrum through from childhood to old age. I am therefore currently putting together a book and this is where I need your help! I am looking for descriptions of daily life however mundane and personal thoughts. I want to show how diverse a population we are, struggles and achievements, jobs, relationships, marriage, having children, sexuality, dreams, things that make you angry, jealous, intensely happy, views on your passions in life etc....I need as many first hand accounts as possible. Each person's contribution will be roughly half an A4 page and will be completely anonymous. If you would like to be involved or know someone who you think might like to be involved please get in touch. Thank you!

• Hi Tom, ah well it can be a few thousand words. But yes, maybe not 140 000 plus! Thanks for getting in touch though and good luck with your book. Best wishes. 

• Thanks for the offer, NAS24514.  Good idea.  But half a side of A4 would barely get me started, unless the font size was microscopic!  I'm just on the second draft of my own book about my life.  First draft was 140k words.  Finding even more to say second time through!

Good luck with your project.

Tom

• Hello. Ah yes, it's particularly those in the older generations that I'm still requiring. Many thanks. 

• I’ll send you an email if you still require some more. 

• Hi Patch. Thank you for your message and interest in the book. Yes, still requiring a few contributions, especially from older adults. My email address is [removed by moderator] if you would like to mail me. I can then send you some information together with a template to help you decide if you'd like to still take part. Thanks again. 

• I’d like to write something if you are still accepting submissions

• Hello thank you for your message. Unfortunately the book is just for adults to contribute first hand accounts of their lives with autism/Aspergers. I'm sorry, I should have specified this. I send you best wishes though and agree with you that this site is most helpful. 

• I think it’s a wonderful idea as so many people are closed minded about autism and it sounds fantastic I’m currently on going stuff with my son now he is only 4 have many challenging days an terrible nights of sleep , behaviour , violence , an attachments , I found this website helps me so much as I have no one to turn to as no family members believe me I feel very alone if I’m honest and I’m struggling , how ever my husband is very supportive but very busy in Work but when he home he is amazing 

• Be strong and follow your heart, help others who have just started the journey of coping with ASD.

There is a member who posts blogs, her voice is heard around the world, just aboutvwho she is and how she copes, just look for it, my blog.

another young person determined to tell the world that we are not here to be victims or to be feared, wevare human beings with a right to live as such. ()

• Hi Zatanna, if you are still interested please let me know. Technical issues now all sorted! Best wishes. 

• Everyone's viewpoint is valid. I understand and appreciate each one so thank you. Due to technical issues it's been a while since I first put the post up and I have since received many brilliant contributions (almost half of what is required). Yes, this book is only being put together to support and to share. I have decided to put it together to help reduce isolation, in particular among the older generations. It is most definitely not being done for huge profits but hopefully it will be a huge success! Thank you to anyone reading this. 

• Hi I think this is fantastic idea, I like the fact I can remain anonymous and tell my story to help others who are struggling to come to terms with who they are. I think you should be applauded for at least trying to do something which obviously has had a long lasting effect on yourself. 

Livjng with autism is not easy as most non here will know, one of the biggest issues with nitbfitting in or feeling misunderstood is awareness by the majority. Anything that puts it out there that for the majority we who are autistic are kind warm hearted beings, although we struggle to always show that.

We are all different but I have only met kind people on here who have never judged me, never seemed to gain from me, just like minded folk looking for answers in life, 

I wish you every success in this venture, being focused is what we do,but with that comes exhaustion and low days, keep going but take care of yourself too.

heres an official aspie hug  ( )

• In reply to anonymous NAS35494!

Quite why you decided to reply to this thread is for you to decide? Were you asked directly? If you weren’t interested then maybe ignore it and move on like most have,390 views and only three replies all positive .

,I am sure profit or recognition is not the point of this book! I should imagine it is to help others on the spectrum and to give awareness to those not on the spectrum  who want to learn more.

I see you expect profit or recognition if you contribute?

well may I remind you that every time you post on here regardless of it’s content,it is a free public forum for the whole world to see, 

Maybe ask NAS if there is any payment for writing all of your experiences just to support them.

You are in fact doing exactly what you decline to do for this person. Only you chose to do it where thousands can see it,copy it, sell it if they wish,after all you are anonymous.

I wish you luck but have an opinion and my opinion is valid just as yours is.

• Ah of course, OK. I understand. Thanks for letting me know. 

• Good luck with it. 

As there won't be any profit, royalties or recognition for me, I decline the offer to partake. 

There's been no offer of a portion of it to NAS and no approval from NAS for this request either. 

It's not for me, but good luck with it.

• Hello. Apologies for the awfully long delay in getting back to you. I just wondered if you were still interested in submitting to the book? Best wishes.