Does anyone want to be part of my book?

Hello

I am 34 years old and on the spectrum. Having worked with people with autism for almost a decade I have come to realise that there is a gap in the market for a book containing a true depiction of the amazing diversity of people on the spectrum through from childhood to old age. I am therefore currently putting together a book and this is where I need your help! I am looking for descriptions of daily life however mundane and personal thoughts. I want to show how diverse a population we are, struggles and achievements, jobs, relationships, marriage, having children, sexuality, dreams, things that make you angry, jealous, intensely happy, views on your passions in life etc....I need as many first hand accounts as possible. Each person's contribution will be roughly half an A4 page and will be completely anonymous. If you would like to be involved or know someone who you think might like to be involved please get in touch. Thank you!

Parents
  • Good luck with it. 

As there won't be any profit, royalties or recognition for me, I decline the offer to partake. 

There's been no offer of a portion of it to NAS and no approval from NAS for this request either. 

It's not for me, but good luck with it.

• In reply to anonymous NAS35494!

Quite why you decided to reply to this thread is for you to decide? Were you asked directly? If you weren’t interested then maybe ignore it and move on like most have,390 views and only three replies all positive .

,I am sure profit or recognition is not the point of this book! I should imagine it is to help others on the spectrum and to give awareness to those not on the spectrum  who want to learn more.

I see you expect profit or recognition if you contribute?

well may I remind you that every time you post on here regardless of it’s content,it is a free public forum for the whole world to see, 

Maybe ask NAS if there is any payment for writing all of your experiences just to support them.

You are in fact doing exactly what you decline to do for this person. Only you chose to do it where thousands can see it,copy it, sell it if they wish,after all you are anonymous.

I wish you luck but have an opinion and my opinion is valid just as yours is.

• Everyone's viewpoint is valid. I understand and appreciate each one so thank you. Due to technical issues it's been a while since I first put the post up and I have since received many brilliant contributions (almost half of what is required). Yes, this book is only being put together to support and to share. I have decided to put it together to help reduce isolation, in particular among the older generations. It is most definitely not being done for huge profits but hopefully it will be a huge success! Thank you to anyone reading this. 

• Everyone's viewpoint is valid. I understand and appreciate each one so thank you. Due to technical issues it's been a while since I first put the post up and I have since received many brilliant contributions (almost half of what is required). Yes, this book is only being put together to support and to share. I have decided to put it together to help reduce isolation, in particular among the older generations. It is most definitely not being done for huge profits but hopefully it will be a huge success! Thank you to anyone reading this. 

Children
  • Hello thank you for your message. Unfortunately the book is just for adults to contribute first hand accounts of their lives with autism/Aspergers. I'm sorry, I should have specified this. I send you best wishes though and agree with you that this site is most helpful. 

• I think it’s a wonderful idea as so many people are closed minded about autism and it sounds fantastic I’m currently on going stuff with my son now he is only 4 have many challenging days an terrible nights of sleep , behaviour , violence , an attachments , I found this website helps me so much as I have no one to turn to as no family members believe me I feel very alone if I’m honest and I’m struggling , how ever my husband is very supportive but very busy in Work but when he home he is amazing