Hey I'm new here

Hey,

Just joined this afternoon, looking forward to getting to know people xx

• That was a bit of a stupid comment,  I must have been stressed. lol

• I couldn' t have said it better Lonewarrior. (Or could I?) lmbbao

• No worries, Angelassassin. I assume you were  NAS24028, am I right?

• Thank you so much I truly appreciate your kindness x

• Hi there and welcome to our friendly community,if you click on "forums"at the top of the page in the purple banner you should see on the top right corner"new post".

I am still struggling with a lot of the things that can be done on here but just about et by with bits.

you can choose where to post,if in doubt find a post like you did this one and just explain your issue, I would like to think people on here would be understanding,plus a moderator could move it to a more appropriate place later. Don't worry we are all here and strangely we don't argue like on most social media sites,I think it is because we are an improvement on so called normal!

• Hi Hendrow sorry I'm stil unsure how to make a post I'm after some advice and don't know know to make a post to explain the issue. Thank you for responding 

• Did you get the desired help you wanted NAS24028?

• Hi I am also new i am extremely sorry to intrude on your post cvulcano I was hoping to make a new post but am struggling to find out how to do this .can someone please point me in the right direction. Very much appreciated 

• I have no idea when I joined. lol

• I'm new as well ... Hi to all of you.

• Hi there,

Welcome, I am also new here, how are you getting on.

• Hi Daniel

a newbie myself

• Hi. I joined just over a week ago to do some reading into other peoples experiences and its been a great help! Its great to have an output to say things and ask questions outside of a family environment!

• Hi Sarah

Thank  you for your reply. I will shuffle my wonky box next to yours.,,not too close....don't want to freak you out. Good to meet another female "wonker".... pssst....have you noticed that we seem all very academically capable but social muppets...!  Isolation does hurt and especially so in a crowded room. :(

Very powerful statement re: diagnosis..."knowledge does not set us free".... the problem with living in a wonky box is there is not much space to fit a toolkit for life!

I'm Sam by the way. A 42 year old teacher if Computer Science. Finished my Masters this year....and I guess un-wonking myself has been a focus since....don't like a quiet brain, do we!!!

listen to Martian Tom also, he's very sweet and hepful

sam xx

• Hi, thank you for your email.  If you are looking for support and friendship, I would be very happy if we exchanged our respective 'wonky box' narratives.  My experience of life has been akin to that of a long trek through a desert, albeit I was surrounded by people.  I often marvelled when I saw those around me so effortlessly making friends, finding partners, and so at home in this world.  I always felt shut out and unable to bridge the gulf separating me from others.  This has not essentially changed since diagnosis.  Knowledge does not necessarily set a person free, when all one desires is to experience those things that others take so much for granted.  I always waited for someone to find their way into my isolation, but no one ever came.  Perhaps there is hope for us 'wonky boxers' in offering comfort to one another, someone in our own parallel world, where we can do the things that regular people do - only within the remit of our own limitations and understand.  Please do contact me (and let me know your name!).  Sarah

• Hi there Sarah. Just joined this morning....42 years old and also in this wonky box....!!! Reading about austism has made everything click in terms of my life choices and my anxiety about the world outside my head space. Has diagnosis helped you get the support you need?? Hope this community helps also x

• Hi there - and hi everyone else!  I have just this minute joined the site, having (at 45 years of age) been provisionally diagnosed as autistic.  I have spent a lifetime in self-imposed isolation, and can no longer bear a life without intimacy and togetherness. At this stage things must either change or I must abbreviate my existence.  Hopefully there's someone out there who might wish to help me find some meaning, perhaps even a little love?  

• Hi cvulcano... and Turtle06!

Welcome.  I hope you both like it here.  It's a very supportive community, and the admins are really helpful if you have any problems at all.  There are lots of people here, too, with a late diagnosis - so lots of experiences to share.  I was diagnosed two years ago, aged 56!  Never too late!

See you around.

Tom

• Its good to connect to other adults who have the condition. although im still finding my feet with everything.. hope you settle in well !