Can you have Asperger's without a 'special interest'?

When I was diagnosed I was told that I had either high functioning autism or Asperger's. The official letter I received stated that my diagnosis was Asperger's. I don't have a special interest that I obsess over though. Well not that I can think of. Do you have to have one if you have Asperger's? Thanks

Parents
  • The closest thing I have to a 'special interest' is my extensive knowledge about guinea pigs, but I think that's something different because I don't actively research them unless there's something particular I think I could do with knowing in order to provide good care for my own guinea pigs. The times I did that just accumulated, and I suddenly realised I could answer a lot of questions about them. Another reason why I think it's different is that there's something right now I think I should find out, but it's not high on my list of priorities and I don't know when I'll actually look it up.

• The closest thing I have to a 'special interest' is my extensive knowledge about guinea pigs, but I think that's something different because I don't actively research them unless there's something particular I think I could do with knowing in order to provide good care for my own guinea pigs. The times I did that just accumulated, and I suddenly realised I could answer a lot of questions about them. Another reason why I think it's different is that there's something right now I think I should find out, but it's not high on my list of priorities and I don't know when I'll actually look it up.

Children
No Data