How do you manage professional relationships?

Hello everyone, it's me with a question again.

I find professional relationships very hard. The main reason is because I feel that they seem so fake to me.

Small talks? People who don't really know me or care about how I feel nor have time to hear my real answer still ask me "how are you today?", "How was your weekend?".

Lunches and team activities?. People whom I don't know but I can't actually get to know or ask personal questions because we are just colleagues and not friends. Still it's expected to find something to talk about for more than an hour?!. Most topics in that setting don't interest me and seem superficial.

Team work? Ok, that one is easier because we actually talk about work and it fits our relationship description "colleagues" and it doesn't seem like a superficial talk, but they confuse me at times when they change their opinions about the same thing or it comes across as if they want to push their views and opinions over others. I become very unmotivated to share my view because I know that most probably eventually it won't be applied anyway and it's just waste of my power and energy.

Sometimes I say things that cause their face expressions to suddenly dramatically change. I spend hours trying to figure out where the misunderstanding was. In one occasion they were talking about an awful accident and I found something about it funny and I started laughing and everyone looked at me as if I'm a psychopath. I'm actually hypersensitive and have overwhelming high empathy. 

The style of talking as using formal sentences and professional words to sound smart and so on. Dressing in an office suitable manner which is so damn superficial because it serves no real cause other than sounding and looking in a certain way even if it doesn't reflect your true self in anyway. I can't present myself as a professional. I can present myself as Ree...

How do you manage professional relationships? Any tips on how you make it true to yourself and not exhausting while thriving in professional relationships?

Parents
  • i dunno, i feel this but i feel i am the fake instead.

i want to be a people pleaser, a friend to all... but yet thats hard when they are not friends with each other. its also hard that i do what im told and am a bit of a yes man in that, so someone tells me something, then another person asks me something then i tell them what they asked even if its something someone else told me, which then yeah you piss off the other person lol

ill probably learn, but in learning id probably end up not saying anything at all and not knowing when i should do or speak what im asked so then id be pissing people off by not responding or seemingly keeping secrets from them or lying to them. of which i cant do very well as its pretty obvious when i lie as i hesitate as i have a moral fight in my mind as to whether its ok to say or not say the thing with a obvious weight towards telling the truth or saying what they want to hear. although sometimes the truth isnt actually what they want to hear which makes it more confusing but im generally more wieghted to the truth with a assumption that in the long run people will appreciate the truth no matter how hard it hurts.

anyways i think people are ok with me like that anyway... probably... because they know im pretty vocal and have their backs against the boss and company and have fought everyones side for their rights and put myself out there for everyone enough for them to probably forgive any social slip ups lol

• i dunno, i feel this but i feel i am the fake instead.

i want to be a people pleaser, a friend to all... but yet thats hard when they are not friends with each other. its also hard that i do what im told and am a bit of a yes man in that, so someone tells me something, then another person asks me something then i tell them what they asked even if its something someone else told me, which then yeah you piss off the other person lol

ill probably learn, but in learning id probably end up not saying anything at all and not knowing when i should do or speak what im asked so then id be pissing people off by not responding or seemingly keeping secrets from them or lying to them. of which i cant do very well as its pretty obvious when i lie as i hesitate as i have a moral fight in my mind as to whether its ok to say or not say the thing with a obvious weight towards telling the truth or saying what they want to hear. although sometimes the truth isnt actually what they want to hear which makes it more confusing but im generally more wieghted to the truth with a assumption that in the long run people will appreciate the truth no matter how hard it hurts.

anyways i think people are ok with me like that anyway... probably... because they know im pretty vocal and have their backs against the boss and company and have fought everyones side for their rights and put myself out there for everyone enough for them to probably forgive any social slip ups lol

Children
No Data