Flying

My brother and his family live in Sydney. I have never been to see them in 5 years, and they aren't moving back, but flying is like a torture for me.

Enclosed in a space, no end to the amount of strange noises and unexpected sounds, two toilets at best (I have Crohn's), and terrible food. For 22 hours.

Do any of you suffer with a similar fear / dislike if flying?

Parents
  • If you can tolerate them, ask the g.p for some valium.  They can help take the edge off.

• For 22 hours?

You gonna need one of those green rugby ball shaped things my mate who worked in a mental hospital once bought to my house for me to try out back in the eighties... All I can remember, is that its name ended with "pam". 

It was wonderful!

I found myself with a super shouty troublesome g/f a year or so later, and one night she got so annoying I just took the thing in front of her with a glass of water. About an hour later, she was still trying to oppress me, but now I was blessed with olympian indifference...

Drugs could help with a long haul flight, but you do need a responsible partner to interface you with the real world if you are not fully familiar with the effects of the drug you have taken, and able to make the neccesary adjustments required to stay out of trouble... 

• Yeah, 22hrs is a long time for sure......I've been to australia twice and was basically just drinking the whole time (not reccomended)

You can break the flights in two and stop for a while half way.  Usually its a stop in the middle east or asia anyway, they do have cheap hotels where you can rent rooms for like 9 hrs.  I did this on my first trip and it helped.

• Yeah, 22hrs is a long time for sure......I've been to australia twice and was basically just drinking the whole time (not reccomended)

You can break the flights in two and stop for a while half way.  Usually its a stop in the middle east or asia anyway, they do have cheap hotels where you can rent rooms for like 9 hrs.  I did this on my first trip and it helped.

Children
No Data