Leaving the site.

Just like any other site this social media site seems to be full of one track narrow minded people I thought being around people of my own kind would help but clearly not. Being ASD we seem to be to stubborn and opinated. Then you have to deal with NT's that come in deamoning us and making us look like monsters I'm sure its helpful for the rest of you but for me I'm out cause I have a mind of own Fingers crossedout.Hopefully the rest of you benifit more than me. Not sure on how to delete my account though.

Parents
  • I'm not sure why people feel the need to announce this. If I leave anywhere I just disappear. But each to their own eh.

• Some people absorb a bit of personal hurt quietly like a cat will, (and I've a personal theory that autist's and cat's share a similar worldview) some people just have to share their pain.

With forums we have a UNIQUE & SPECIAL power not granted to us in the real world, that of actually having time to think and process each phase of a conversation. When someone comes AT me on a forum (as has happened here) there is TIME to respond appropriately. The more desperate I feel to refute a point, or correct someone, the more reluctant I can be to post. Taking that time to think, eiotehr gives me time to wite a more devatastating riposte, and sometimes I see the error in mine or the other persons thinking with sufficent clarity to manage the conversation in a constructive way. Sometimes, then I might choose to apologise, or even stop posting. I TRY very hard to do no harm to anyone, especially here. 

But for some people, this internet forum stuff can force them to face things they are not ready to face yet. Like their own hidden capacity for hatred and rage, or seeing what Autism looks like from an exterior perspective, and hence gaining less complementary insights into ones own character. 

Running away, whilst casting aspersions needlessly and generally, is not an indicator of a well developed character either. Your way is of course better. (At least from my perspective)  

• As always, a pleasure to read you Mr Sperg (despite your egregious opening assertion Frowning  about cats and world-views).  You can usually count the number of days before a newly joined member with a larger than life personality transitions from enthusiastic serial poster to disgruntled malcontent. It's easy to detect their badly concealed hatred and rage just underneath the affable attention-seeking surface of their multiple posts.

• Life has a way of changing a person. I didn't like cats at all until I hit my twenties, I didn't see the "point" of them, until I took in a couple of acquaintances who'd been evicted and were homess and who had two cats.

One of the cats "charmed" me with his antics and general nice nature, and when they all left me, some months later, (they were rightfully evicted it turns out, for being rubbish people, and I got a mild beating, some trouble with the police, trouble with my landlords, and trouble with my social life before I finally got them out of my flat) The one good thing I'd got directly out of the experience, was my introduction to cats, which in turn stopped me thinking of the animal Kingdom as a series of small soft robots, and allowed me to see them as tiny little individuals, who have a degree of self awareness, not ZERO as many people teach. 

Rats, well I'm mostly with you there, but I have acquaintances who seem to really love their pet rats, and get really attached, and swear that they have their own little personalities.

The poor little cockroach though, he has no friends in the world at all as far as I can see, especially in teh human world. But he might yet get to be the future ruler of planet earth, as he apparently is almost completely immune to nuclear radiation. And our leaders look to be getting increasingly keen to make him a perfect world to live in.

• I've a personal theory that autist's and cat's share a similar worldview

I love all forms of life except for cats, rats and cockroaches !

• Bit worrying, I wasn't going for egregrious... I probably phrased it wrong. I'm trying for shorter posts...

Reply Children
  • Life has a way of changing a person. I didn't like cats at all until I hit my twenties, I didn't see the "point" of them, until I took in a couple of acquaintances who'd been evicted and were homess and who had two cats.

One of the cats "charmed" me with his antics and general nice nature, and when they all left me, some months later, (they were rightfully evicted it turns out, for being rubbish people, and I got a mild beating, some trouble with the police, trouble with my landlords, and trouble with my social life before I finally got them out of my flat) The one good thing I'd got directly out of the experience, was my introduction to cats, which in turn stopped me thinking of the animal Kingdom as a series of small soft robots, and allowed me to see them as tiny little individuals, who have a degree of self awareness, not ZERO as many people teach. 

Rats, well I'm mostly with you there, but I have acquaintances who seem to really love their pet rats, and get really attached, and swear that they have their own little personalities.

The poor little cockroach though, he has no friends in the world at all as far as I can see, especially in teh human world. But he might yet get to be the future ruler of planet earth, as he apparently is almost completely immune to nuclear radiation. And our leaders look to be getting increasingly keen to make him a perfect world to live in.

• I've a personal theory that autist's and cat's share a similar worldview

I love all forms of life except for cats, rats and cockroaches !