Random question but why do middle class people pretend to be working class when there not

I know a few and it's really annoys me for some reason no idea why it greats on me either being from a middle class back ground myself but unedcuated so have to do a working class job when I do get back into one. Think id discribe myself as mudle class. I say be proud of your class and hertige why hide it out of fear or embrasment no matter what class you are and those who denigh there even is a class system are usually the ones who hate people for there class.

Parents
  • I grew up in a working class family in a working class area but have good qualifications and a higher than average paid job. People would likely see me as middle class, but I don't feel that way and have faced a number of barriers. Some employers with a lot of competition for vacancies now ask questions about your social background to put your achievements into perspective, which I think is a positive thing. I think there is a difference between a 2.1 degree from someone with no family support (emotionally) or financial backing than someone who is encouraged and financially supported by a family that have been to uni themselves and value education. 

I don't know what I am or what I really want to even be in this world. 

• I grew up in a working class family in a working class area but have good qualifications and a higher than average paid job. People would likely see me as middle class, but I don't feel that way and have faced a number of barriers. Some employers with a lot of competition for vacancies now ask questions about your social background to put your achievements into perspective, which I think is a positive thing. I think there is a difference between a 2.1 degree from someone with no family support (emotionally) or financial backing than someone who is encouraged and financially supported by a family that have been to uni themselves and value education. 

I don't know what I am or what I really want to even be in this world. 

Children
  • As a working class man I would see you from your description as a upper working class. Middle class you would have a second home for the Summer and 6 vacations a year.

• I'm kind of the opposite. I grew up very middle class but didn't get a middle class job, so I've spent my life in menial jobs and I'm kind of working class now. Go figure, as Americans say Shrug♀️ 

• See I have barely in qualifications. All I got in my GCSE'S was a C in Science and food tech but then again I didn't care for school or apply myself as back then they didn't realize I was ASD and ADHD so didn't know how deal with me. They just assumed I had learning difficulties rather than a disability. People assume just cause Autistic that grants you supper powers and a high IQ but in reality depending on what end of the spectrum your on your not. I'm intelegent on some level just not interlectual. But all my freinds who were working class got help and support even extra income but because I was from a middle class background and sounded well spoken my autism was over looked now I'm not really sure what class I am or how the system works as I myself and am unedcuated and don't earn very much when I do eventually find a job as minum wage is about a grand a month. This is why it kind of puzzles to an exstant.