Random question but why do middle class people pretend to be working class when there not

I know a few and it's really annoys me for some reason no idea why it greats on me either being from a middle class back ground myself but unedcuated so have to do a working class job when I do get back into one. Think id discribe myself as mudle class. I say be proud of your class and hertige why hide it out of fear or embrasment no matter what class you are and those who denigh there even is a class system are usually the ones who hate people for there class.

Parents
  • There is a general race to the bottom in Britain these days. People can't bear to be seen as 'posh' or 'experts' at anything. They seem to want to be as uneducated, 'common' and ignorant as they can.

I do not know why this is. I speak properly and I'm intelligent, therefore I get jeered at, called 'Professor' etc. for just living a normal life. I feel pressurised to pretend to be stupid so people don't make fun of me.

Some decades ago, people tried to 'better themselves' e.g. my granddad and grandma, who left school at 14 and spent the rest of their lives educating themselves to know more and understand more.

Times have surely changed.

• There is a general race to the bottom in Britain these days. People can't bear to be seen as 'posh' or 'experts' at anything. They seem to want to be as uneducated, 'common' and ignorant as they can.

I do not know why this is. I speak properly and I'm intelligent, therefore I get jeered at, called 'Professor' etc. for just living a normal life. I feel pressurised to pretend to be stupid so people don't make fun of me.

Some decades ago, people tried to 'better themselves' e.g. my granddad and grandma, who left school at 14 and spent the rest of their lives educating themselves to know more and understand more.

Times have surely changed.

Children