Do those of you on the spectrum fear the future due to our disability with ASD or is it just me.

Just find the future looks so bleak at times I'm lucky as still live my parents I'm not high functioning and I'm just ASD. Struggle with understanding things like bills and budgeting I guess along with getting work. My disability isn't visible or one you can here so it's hard to exsplain it to regular people and get any understanding from them. Is there support you can get for when your parents eventually pass. There not going anywhere anytime soon luckily as there only in there 60's but I almost feel like I wouldn't know how to survive or cope without them. Suffer baddly from anxiety don't go out because of it that and I don't have ideal social skills so usually end up offending people not on purpose but because I can come across as as a bit blunt and opinated but the future genuinely terrifies me.

Parents
  • Yes I'm definitely scared of the future. I just wouldn't cope on my own and I know it. I've tried working but I just can't cope. I lose the job. I've no friends. Basically just me and my family, well my dad and step mum. I lost my birth mum a few years ago to cancer and for a few years I just lost it. I was sectioned and spent six months in hospital. If anything happens to dad I'm sure the same thing will happen. It terrifies me.

• Yes I'm definitely scared of the future. I just wouldn't cope on my own and I know it. I've tried working but I just can't cope. I lose the job. I've no friends. Basically just me and my family, well my dad and step mum. I lost my birth mum a few years ago to cancer and for a few years I just lost it. I was sectioned and spent six months in hospital. If anything happens to dad I'm sure the same thing will happen. It terrifies me.

Children
No Data