Being "difficult" at work?

I'm generally pretty decent at my job wherever I work, but there is an aspect of work that always causes me issues.

I pick up on details that people often miss or choose to ignore, in particular when policies are not being followed, which in my job can put people at risk.

When I communicate this to management I am seen as being, "difficult," "abrupt," or "rude," but no-one can ever seem to tell me what I said that was actually rude, as opposed to being not what they wanted to hear, as it causes problems for them to have to solve.

This has been something I have faced for some while in a variety of workplaces.

I wish I could just ignore what I notice, but I literally feel compelled to identify issues once I see them, especially as they could endanger people.

Parents
  • Same here, friend. People see me as being 'negative' when I point out things they've missed or ignored. They seem to want me to be over optimistic all the time i.e. careless and ignore problems.

Someone on here told me that non autistic people's main concern in life is to cover up their mistakes and ours isn't, we don't care about mistakes. Therefore they see us as insulting them or something by pointing out their mistakes. Go figure.

However, now I am a proofreader and editor where my job is to point out errors. Hurrah!

• Same here, friend. People see me as being 'negative' when I point out things they've missed or ignored. They seem to want me to be over optimistic all the time i.e. careless and ignore problems.

Someone on here told me that non autistic people's main concern in life is to cover up their mistakes and ours isn't, we don't care about mistakes. Therefore they see us as insulting them or something by pointing out their mistakes. Go figure.

However, now I am a proofreader and editor where my job is to point out errors. Hurrah!

Children
No Data